Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How do I stop 'poo accidents'

(2 Posts)
tiredandgrumpy Sat 30-Aug-08 21:07:28

have been potty training dd for just over a week now & we seem to have wees cracked, but she continually has poo accidents. No matter how much fuss we makes if she ever gets it right, or if I try to anticipate the need (she's a pretty regular girl), she still makes a mess. She wants to get it right and does seem to understand what she needs to do.

Anyone any recommendations? She's fiercely independent & has decided she wants big girl pants. We've chosen some she really loves and wants to keep clean. I'm just getting fed up of the lack of success.

I know it's early days yet and I have been through pt training with ds, which was a fairly painful process, but different children respond to different things and my old tricks for ds just don't seem to make a difference with dd.

snickersnack Sat 30-Aug-08 21:17:12

Take all her clothes off. All day if necessary. It was the only thing that worked for us - dd decided that, on balance, the potty was a better option than the floor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now