Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

how do nappy nippas work?

(9 Posts)
lucysmam Sat 30-Aug-08 20:50:53

this may be a silly question to ask, as looking at them they are self-explanatory (sp?) However, a very kind mn-er has sent me some reuseable nappies to try out and I can't for the life of me figure out how it fastens the nappies together!! tia smile

pinkspottywellies Sat 30-Aug-08 20:59:13

Depends what kind of nappies you have. If you fold them into a pad then you don't need a nippa. If you're using terry squares then you fold them to go round the hips and through the legs and use the nippa to keep it altogether at the front, where you would have used a pin in the past!

Might be worth googling to see if you can find pictures.

pinkspottywellies Sat 30-Aug-08 21:00:52

here look

MerlinsBeard Sat 30-Aug-08 21:00:57

when looking at your baby in front of you with cloth nappy on use the nippa to 'hook' on the left side of the nappy. stretch the nippa to 'hook' the right hand side of the nappy(holding the side bits on) and then pull it down a bit to hook the bottom part of the nappy on

did that make sense?

Ceolas Sat 30-Aug-08 21:01:30

Videos on tots bots are great

lucysmam Sat 30-Aug-08 21:06:10

yeah it made sense thanks mumofmonsters, thanks pinkspottywellies, I think I can just about manage to fasten it like that.

Ceolas, you really can find anything on here if you know what you're looking for!

Wish me luck, am going to try it out tomorrow now I 'know' what to do, although I'm sure it's not that easy with a wiggly 19mo

Ceolas Sat 30-Aug-08 21:07:42

Practise tonight on a teddy wink

MerlinsBeard Sat 30-Aug-08 21:08:08

some advice for you befor eyou use them

DO NOT under any circumstances leave the nippa spiky bit upwards while you wander off in your bare feet to put the nappy in the bucket

it hurts like you would not believe!!!!!

lucysmam Sat 30-Aug-08 21:22:27

pmsl, thank-you mumofmonsters, I will bear that in mind & pop it somewhere safe!

Ceolas, they're all in lo's bedroom n she's . . . finally . . . asleep. Maybe something to do with her tomorrow though since she always has teddies around the living room through the day. & I'm sure it would amuse her for a while to take the nappy on and off a teddy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now