Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy Nippas: do you clean yours?

(7 Posts)
boogeek Thu 28-Aug-08 20:36:33

Just idly wondering really - they don't get dirty as such but they do sometimes fasten a very wet nappy so presumably they are not all that sanitary. If DH has changed the nappy they invariably end up (tangled around) in the washing machine; if I take off a pre-bath nappy I sometimes give them a dunk. Does anybody clean theirs? Am I complete clart to not be dettoxing after every use?

BigBadMousey Thu 28-Aug-08 21:28:25

I just plonk mine in some warm soapy water when I remember to.

MrsBadger Thu 28-Aug-08 21:47:18

mine go in the bath with dd occasionally, but in the early days when runny bf poo explosions were more common I'd often chuck them in the wash with the nappy.

Washersaurus Thu 28-Aug-08 21:48:30

Sometimes mine are washed with the nappy, other times I give them a dunk in some water. Most of the time I recommend the boys stop putting them in their mouths grin

tassisssss Thu 28-Aug-08 21:50:44

man, i never thought to clean them and some of mine have been in almost constant use for about 4 years...

BlueChampagne Fri 29-Aug-08 13:49:52

I'm with Tassisssss - it's not as if they come into contact with anything important - LOL Washersaurus!

IdrisTheDragon Fri 29-Aug-08 13:57:38

I never intentionally washed DD's - although some went in the washing machine (generally when DH had been changing nappies)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now