Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

My 9 month old DS has loose stools

(8 Posts)
Eaglebird Wed 27-Aug-08 18:52:53

He normally does 3 poos a day, usually around his 3 mealtimes (breakfast, lunch & tea), and they're usually softish to semi-solid, depending on what he's been eating.
However, the past 3 days his poos have been looser and with a bit of mucous in them, and runny enough to leak out of his nappy each time - nice!
He's still been having 3 poos a day though - it's not like he's got the runs and is pooing constantly.
He's not off colour, he's his usual cheerful self, has been eating, drinking, weeing & sleeping normally. I haven't introduced any new foods into his diet either.
Spoke to the health visitor today, and she said not to worry and that it could be cos he's teething (he has been a bit dribbly recently, but no other obvious signs of teething).
Does this sound ok?
Can anyone recommend anything to do, such as feeding him bland foods or anything like that?
Thanks

KnickersOnMaHead Wed 27-Aug-08 19:25:01

Message withdrawn

BigBadMousey Wed 27-Aug-08 20:05:11

I agree with KOMH.

Might be worth using a barrier cream like vaseline to help prevent nappy rash (a knock on effect from teething) for now though.

SpecialOffer Wed 27-Aug-08 20:13:33

When my son teeths it comes out of the nappy, out of his gro bag - its horrible!!! It will get better though!! As long as he hasn't got the runs, just feed him normally!

Eaglebird Wed 27-Aug-08 22:22:59

Thanks ladies. Glad it's normal - guess I'm just a neurotic first-time-mother

BigBadMousey Fri 29-Aug-08 17:23:27

Who isn't neurotic first time round?? grin

moocowme Fri 29-Aug-08 20:14:25

i found this with teething as well. it was one of the first sogns that another tooth was on the way.

PuppyMonkey Fri 29-Aug-08 20:17:33

DD2 still does this wheen teething and she's coming up for 17 months.

I can't wait for potty training time...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now