Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

should wake your baby up to change him your baby if you hear him poo?

(15 Posts)
Ceelo Wed 27-Aug-08 16:34:32

or should you let him sleep...please understand my baby is only 6 days old so i don't know a lot.

CodsMinge Wed 27-Aug-08 16:42:17

I would let him sleep

Niecie Wed 27-Aug-08 16:44:35

I would let him sleep as chances are he will be awake very soon anyway.

It is a dilemma but if I remember correctly they don't poo in their sleep for very long.

LadyBee Wed 27-Aug-08 16:46:14

Yup, I'd let him sleep too - he'll wake up eventually to feed and you can change him then.
Unless there's a problem with nappy rash? Then maybe I'd very very gently try to change him while keeping him asleep grin

Let him sleep, but change him as soon as he wakes.

I wasn't just stating the obvious, its just sometimes the baby brain makes you forget, and you walk them, screaming, round the house for an hour, whispering shuush in their ear.

They remember 'oh bloody hell he poo'ed an hour ago' blush grin

I used to do stuff like that a lot.

PinkTulips Wed 27-Aug-08 17:03:25

sleep

i always opt for letting the baby sleep, i never ake for feeds or changes.... they'll do that themselves when they need to.

i tend to vaseline a very young babies bum lightly to protect it anyway so i'd never be too worried about a bit of ewborn poo.

BigBadMousey Wed 27-Aug-08 17:03:28

wherethewildthingswere - me too grin. I've done that today with DC3.

Ceelo I always let sleeping babies lie - if they are uncomfortable they tend to let you know. Its a steep learning curve (well, it was for me), it's only when you get to a year old and you are weaning, changing nappies and MNetting simultaneously that you realise how far you have come in so little time! Congratulations btw smile

PinkTulips Wed 27-Aug-08 17:06:43

lol WTWTA... so glad to know i'm not the only one who did that alot! blush

morningpaper Wed 27-Aug-08 17:08:29

I would probably change, but mine got awful nappy rash in the early days

KnickersOnMaHead Wed 27-Aug-08 17:08:52

Message withdrawn

KnickersOnMaHead Wed 27-Aug-08 17:09:39

Message withdrawn

Mummyfor3 Wed 27-Aug-08 17:09:54

Never wake a sleeping baby grin!

Lazycow Wed 27-Aug-08 17:12:34

Ds never suffered from nappy rash but I wouldn't have smelt a nappy anyway as he was bf and the poos didn't seem to smell. He never bothered about a pooy nappy - still doesn't so I'd have left him until he woke up.

hecate Wed 27-Aug-08 17:13:48

Nah, let him sleep. Unless it's for hours (ha, you wish!!! grin) or he has a sore bum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now