Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty training and boys: how do you avoid the mess?

(7 Posts)
AlbertaWildRose Wed 27-Aug-08 14:34:38

DS is 2 years 2 months and started to become interested in potty training. We bought a potty for him, but he is a big boy and it is far too small. So then we bought one of those inserts that go on the toilet but he really seems to 'stick out' of it and the only time he's used it so far the wee went everywhere! I try to keep telling him to 'tuck himself in' but is there any better way?

AlbertaWildRose Wed 27-Aug-08 14:46:07

Anyone?

horseymum Wed 27-Aug-08 15:14:18

can he stand using a stool? tell him to make wee go in the water or you an get one of those stickers to aim at, or use a ping pong ball- apparently it doesn't get flushed away so is good to aim at.

RubySlippers Wed 27-Aug-08 15:16:24

DS presses his willy down

no good to try to get him to stand and aim (my DS is also 2.2)

Also, seat him to the back of the insert, and legs slightly apart if you can

DS don't have a potty BTW

ches Thu 28-Aug-08 03:34:01

We have a similar problem and started at 14 months! It's all about positioning. Set him further back and have a piece of toilet paper ready to catch the spray if necessary.

eidsvold Thu 28-Aug-08 07:43:33

get him one of these - I only have dds but a friend with dses swears by it.

here

AlbertaWildRose Thu 28-Aug-08 14:10:24

Thanks for all your comments. That Weeman thing looks interesting, I might look into that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now