Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Argghh No No No No Noooo!!!

(4 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Wed 27-Aug-08 09:26:04

DD1 has just decided she doesn't want to wear nappies - I have been waiting all summer for her to be ready to do this but she has chosen to do this 3 days before we go on holiday for 2 weeks!! How am I going to do this -she hasn't got the concept of using the potty or knowing when she needs a wee she just doesn't want to wear nappies.. I have nightmare visions of airports, airplanes, hire cars and rented mobile home swimming in her wee and me having a lurvely holiday clearing up after her!! Any advice gratefully received

posieflump Wed 27-Aug-08 09:27:21

how old is she?
can you do pull ups just until your back from holiday?

scrappydappydoo Wed 27-Aug-08 09:32:01

She's 2.5 - we will probably do pull ups if she doesn't view them as 'nappies' but its just so frustrating having spent an entire summer when I had all the time and equipment to mop up messes and now...

mrsbabookaloo Wed 27-Aug-08 09:34:26

I mistimed my potty training and started it just before we went on hol (my fault, not dds) - it really wasn't that bad.

If she WANTS to do it, she will probably get the hang really quickly. Start now - the first three days are the worst anyway.

Once you've got started, just take a potty (you can get a travel potty, but we didn't bother, just took a normal one) everywhere with you in a plastic bag and a couple of changes of trousers and knickers, and bob's your uncle.

For longer journeys, I put her in a pull-up and it didn't confuse her too much.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now