Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

When should I start no nappies for bed as dry in day?

(15 Posts)
jenwa Mon 25-Aug-08 20:32:10

DD is 3 in Oct. Started potty training in feb but it failed but now she is dry in the day since starting again in June. She is wonderful in the day and can hold her bladder really well. She always goes to the toilet or asks if we are out and about. I am just not sure when to start night time training? She always wakes with a wet nappy but she usually gets up and comes to our room so could have done this once woken or at night time before going to sleep. She wears pull ups for night time at the moment.

Do I:
1-Put her in pants from now on
2-Leave in in pull ups and get her out in the night and leave potty in bedroom or
3-just wait????

I am due another baby in Oct so is it worth doing this now or waiting??????

Thomcat Mon 25-Aug-08 20:36:12

Apparently, the time to start is when you get them up in th morning and the majority of the time the nappies are dry.

DD2 has been toilet trained in the day for about 3/4 weeks. Her nappy started being dry in the morning very soon after but I kept her in pull ups for a bit. This week she started taking off her dry nappy herself and weeing on the bed so I now leave a potty in there with her (she can't open her bedroom door herself just yet)

MingMingtheWonderPet Mon 25-Aug-08 20:39:27

I wuod just wait.

Being dry in the day is no indication as to whether they are ready to be dry at night, completely different thing.

With both of mine I left it until a majority of their nappies were dry in the morning (as Thomcat says). For DS this was 5.5, for DD it was 2.9. Both did it when they were ready, and I have never had any problems with wetting the bed.

jenwa Mon 25-Aug-08 20:41:49

Maybe I should wait then. Was not sure if DD was being lazy because has a nappy on and if I just put her in pants she would have to go to the toilet. Think putting potty in her room would be good as she has a distance to get to the bathroom and that may be unfair to make her walk that whilst holding on to her bladder!
Maybe I will start putting one in there at night time anyway and see if she uses it!

WhereTheWildEelsWere Mon 25-Aug-08 20:45:17

I think you have to wait until she is mostly dry at night.

Ds has been potty/toilet trained for 2 years now, but is still wet too often at night to risk no nappies.

It can be quick or take a really long time between day and night training.

neolara Mon 25-Aug-08 20:48:35

My DD who is just 4 has suddenly become dry at night, literally overnight. For the last 4 years she has had wet nappies / pull ups and now for the last ten days they have been dry. We have done nothing to make this happen at all.

If I were you, I would just wait until it happens by itself. I guess it might work if you took pull-ups off, but you might also be letting yourself in for a lot of washing.

jenwa Mon 25-Aug-08 20:58:13

I thought maybe I would get too stressed by the whole washing thing and I also dont want to distress her!
sometimes I feel that pressure from my mum about potty training and night time etc but maybe I should just wait.

elmoandella Mon 25-Aug-08 21:00:10

ds was getting confused and realised if he kept his nappy on he wouldn't need to go to toilet.

so we went cold turkey on the night time nappies. we found his wet nappy was done in the morning after he woke up.

he cant go from 7pm till 7am though. we have to take him for a night time pee either when we go to bed, or at 5am.

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 25-Aug-08 21:04:43

Message withdrawn

jenwa Mon 25-Aug-08 21:17:49

elmoandella are you normally up at 5!!!! I would have to do it before I went to bed I think.

elmoandella Mon 25-Aug-08 21:21:40

if i dont get up at 5am then he gets up about 6am normally and is too awake to go back to sleep by the time we go to loo and turn lights on.

if i get up at 5am, he goes back to sleep and we all get a lie in till 7am.

when he was younger he used to get up at 5-5.30am, every morning for a couple of months in summer.

jenwa Mon 25-Aug-08 21:52:41

Oh I see, better a lie in then!!! grin

I am not good in the morning, luckily DD slept til 8:50 this am but had woken in the night scared and apparantly had a bogie in her nose that she could not get hmm so she was traumatised but it allowed us a lie in smile

jenwa Tue 26-Aug-08 21:18:46

Put DD in a nappy abit earlier tonight as had early bath and she weed in it so thinking she may be being lazy and just weeing because she has one on!

elmoandella Tue 26-Aug-08 22:57:46

when we were still putting ds in nappies at night time. we had to let him run about naked down below if he had an early bath. then before bed we did teeth, wee and nappy.

jenwa Wed 27-Aug-08 09:52:20

Think I should have done that last night!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now