Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How many nappies and wraps each?

(13 Posts)
KnickersOnMaHead Mon 25-Aug-08 12:16:44

Message withdrawn

CarGirl Mon 25-Aug-08 12:32:19

Well firstly buy 2nd hand washables!!

What kind of wraps are you using, motherease air flow are the best and most reliable, you can give them a quick hand wash and dry overnight if you need be. 3 wraps for your 1 year old is enough but 4 would make it easier.

I reckon 6 in the first size as they tend to have explosive breast fed poo and get through more wraps. However with 2 in cloth it is easiest IME to do a nappy was every evening so the wraps can get washed every night so probably 3 wraps each tbh.

Def get newborn wraps 2nd hand as they don't get much use.

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 25-Aug-08 12:36:17

Message withdrawn

BlueberryBeret Mon 25-Aug-08 12:43:18

If you are using one-size nappies then it will make things a lot cheaper as you only need one set, again, with washing every night you would probably need about 16 max.

CarGirl Mon 25-Aug-08 12:44:14

I think 4 wraps for ds may be enough if you are going to wash everyday - I did that mainly because it was good to have routine and it made air drying them easier in the winter. How big do you think your baby will be? I had big babies so didn't do the newborn wrap thing, didn't need to but if you think he will be small then it's worth the investment.

What nappies are you buying? Probably 16 minimum for your dd and 20 for your ds but again it depends whether you are happy to wash every day. I had a nappy bin in the nursery and one in the bathroom (I just used ordinary pedal bins, plastic is better ime) so I could sluice the poo and dump straight into the bin. With bf poo I didn't sluice, but regardless I stuck them in the machine and did a cold rinse then washed them.

I have a huge bundle of nappy and wraps in size 2 to sell, they are very good nappies so not the cheapest if you are interested.

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 25-Aug-08 12:54:55

Message withdrawn

CarGirl Mon 25-Aug-08 13:12:45

what's your email addy so I can send you photos and info?

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 25-Aug-08 13:18:07

Message withdrawn

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 25-Aug-08 17:52:08

Message withdrawn

CarGirl Mon 25-Aug-08 18:58:03

sorry will email you later

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 25-Aug-08 21:03:19

Message withdrawn

CarGirl Mon 25-Aug-08 21:14:53

just sent it!

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 25-Aug-08 21:24:18

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now