Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty training regression!

(2 Posts)
obsessivereader Sun 24-Aug-08 21:53:11

Hi there

Can anyone help me? My DD is 22m old and we started potty training a couple of months ago. She ticked all the boxes in the "is your child ready" lists, other than she couldn't pull her pants down, but she was wearing cloth nappies and once we put her in knickers she ticked this box too!

Anyway, she did really well, had her first completely dry day, on day 6 and only had accidents when she was distracted or tired.

However, she has stopped bothering telling us she wants to go and just shouts "wee wee" or "poo" when it's already on it's way out! It's so frustrating cos we know she can control it as she was doing for a number of weeks.

I don't want to go back to nappies, but I'm fed up of carrying 5 changes of clothes with me when we go anywhere! If I take her to the loo at the right time, she will often have a wee on demand, but I don't understand why she won't tell me she needs to go any more?

Anyone!?!?

LittleMissTickles Mon 25-Aug-08 01:28:29

Mmm, not sure about this one. 22 months is very young, but then she has done so well so far.... My DD was a few months older, potty trained perfectly, then regressed after about 4 months for 2 weeks. We just continued, never shouted etc, and after the 2 weeks she just 'got it' again.

If you can, give her a while and see if it doesn't just self-correct. But if she is getting stressed out about it, just go back to nappies for a few months and try again. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now