Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Do you tumble-dry fleece nappies?

(9 Posts)
SundayRoast Sun 24-Aug-08 00:36:01

Just washing a load of secondhand nappies ready for DC1's arrival and no idea whether you tumble-dry fleece nappies! (I don't usually have access to a tumble-drier, but love how fluffy they've made the terry ones blush).

TIA

AnnVan Sun 24-Aug-08 00:53:37

No idea - I don't have a tumble dryer so I've bought microfibre nappies, which apparently stay soft and fluffy even though constantly line dried! Suggest you bump this in the morning so one of the 'nappy experts' like Nappyzone sees it!

SundayRoast Sun 24-Aug-08 01:09:32

Thanks - unless this board gets very busy over night, I'll probably still be near the top!

Perhaps I mean microfibre blush - they're just some old Lollipop ones.

AnnVan Sun 24-Aug-08 01:32:18

I'm no expert, but I yhink I've heard that microfibre is best not to tumble dry. Not too sure about that tho, and as I'm still waiting for DC to be born I can't test that!

BigBadMousey Sun 24-Aug-08 10:07:46

Lollipop do the softee (a white fluffy monster) which is microfibre or the microfleece one which will feel like a fleece jumper have a look here.

tbh - you really shouldn't need to tumble either of them because they are incredibly quick drying and stay soft even when line dried. The care label doesn't state don't tumble though (just checked my stash).

Microfibre does have a tendancy to hold smells more than natural fabrics - some people find drying them in a washer-drier can make them smell a bit funny if you don't do a sevice wash regularly.

The softee is a lovely nappy for a newborn btw smile

SundayRoast Sun 24-Aug-08 12:00:39

Thanks Mousey I'm not sure what they are as they were secondhand but they feel quite soft - haven't sniffed them yet though!

BigBadMousey Sun 24-Aug-08 12:43:34

That link will take you to the lollipop range which should help identify them smile

SundayRoast Mon 25-Aug-08 00:51:07

Oops - sorry, didn't realise! blush Well, turns out I have a rainbow, a bamboo and the ones I was asking about are the micro, so polar fleece. The softee does look gorgeous and soft though!

thumbwitch Mon 25-Aug-08 00:54:07

mine are fleece nappies (homemade by MIL) and I don't tumble dry them, just hang them on the airer. Then give them a good shake before using them (but have a nice soft liner for them as well)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now