Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Terry nappy folds for chunky toddlers

(6 Posts)
tutyfruity Sat 23-Aug-08 16:25:43

Can anyone please recommend a good terry nappy fold for a chunky nearly 3 year old heavy wetting DS?

BigBadMousey Sat 23-Aug-08 21:11:12

the bat fold is my favourite fold.

I've used it on chunky-legged 12wo DS and thin 2.4yr old DD so can't vouch for how good it is for your DS. It is easy to boost though, I would tend to boost with a bamboo booster to keep the absorbancy up and the bulk to a minimum. Something like this (on offer) would do nicely I think (although you may need more than one). Alternatively you could just use some supermarket value microfibre dishcloths as boosters.

tutyfruity Sun 24-Aug-08 19:27:39

Thanks for that. I'll give the bat fold a go. I like the idea of using value dishcloths as boosters. Had'nt thought of that and a less expensive option too. I assume you pin the bat fold with two nappy pins? I can never get used to those nappy nippas and it's increasing difficult to get a standard size terry nappy on DS.

BigBadMousey Sun 24-Aug-08 20:16:39

Yes, you'd need two pins - I use nippas but DS is still young so I don't need to stretch them too much to fit.

I use the microfibre dishcloths - they are 89p for three is Asda and Tescos and are make very good boosters in all sorts of nappies (and they are good for quickly mopping up spills of squash on lamintate flooring angry). They are very absorbant and are almost dry when they come out of the washing machine smile.

CatWithKittens Mon 25-Aug-08 11:59:11

You can buy larger Terries, which are particularly good for overnight (when I've found, because you can't tell which way a child is pointing when he/she wets, you need thickness all round). There are bigger terries quite easily available - both 70cm and 75cm and somebody told me that Ellipants have a 78cm one. Twinkle and KosiKare have the others. We use them for our older children at night and they are not only bigger but the towelling on the ones we have is rather thicker than on even the best 60cm younger baby sized ones.

tutyfruity Mon 25-Aug-08 13:11:45

Thank you CWT. I'll have a look at them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now