Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

DS just won't keep his nappy on help me pleeeeeeeeease

(7 Posts)
mindalina Fri 22-Aug-08 11:56:39

He's only 19 months so I can't see there's any point trying to potty train him - I do have a potty for my friend's DS to use and I have tried suggesting to DS that he wee in it but he just grins and piddles next to it grin so I really think it's a non-starter.

I don't mind clearing up the odd puddle of wee - he has always had a fair amount of time without a nappy so he can "air" but yesterday I cleared up no less than a dozen puddles and it's really frustrating. Esp when he wees in the kitchen and then slips on it before I have a chance to mop it uphmm[sigh]

How can I make him keep them on?!? Or shall I just stock up on carpet shampoo and grit my teeth for the next year <sob>

ThatBigGermanPrison Fri 22-Aug-08 11:58:12

Popper vests, duct tape

mindalina Fri 22-Aug-08 12:07:52

Ooooh poppet vests! I didn't think of that, thanks. Always thought use of duct tape as parenting aid was frowned on though grin

ThatBigGermanPrison Fri 22-Aug-08 12:11:17

no, no, it's fine. It goes on the nappy, not his hands, after all.

shootfromthehip Fri 22-Aug-08 12:27:57

My goodness- I'm in exactly the same boat DS 19mths- will get a nappy off despite dungarees? Houdini baby! We are getting the same issues but also with poo- just for fun shock!!! He just stands there and shouts at it! Poppet vests are good and I have sellotaped him into his nappy at night for a couple of weeks now. Duct/ electrical tape seems a bit much and the sellotape is biodegradable after all grin. Do think it is a good thing as they are becoming aware but my house smells like a cess-pit. Not so good.

Good luck x

ches Sat 23-Aug-08 03:04:59

19 months is not too young. Get your head around potty training because your kids are ready.

needaholiday Mon 25-Aug-08 00:17:45

put the nappy on back to front, then cover with a popper vest and a growsuit back to front, then cover with normal clothes. Otherwise a nappy pin through the tabs should deter the little monkey!.
Mind you he could well be ready to potty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now