Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty Training going well, need some advice...

(7 Posts)
TinkerBellesMum Thu 21-Aug-08 11:57:28

At home I'm leaving Tink naked/bottomless and she always uses the potty. She's very proud of herself!

If she has a nappy or pants on (we've been using Bambino Mio pants) she won't ask at all. The pants aren't designed to hold enough wee to cope with a full bladder! So away from home she isn't using the toilet.

Any ideas?

LilRedWG Thu 21-Aug-08 12:37:48

Not got to this stage yet, but my gut would say, use normal pants and when her clothes get wet/uncomfortable she'll click.

stealthsquiggle Thu 21-Aug-08 12:40:17

I would try her in 'big girl' pants (normal ones) at home and see how she goes - as LilRed says, with no absorbency at all the message should get through - then once she is used to wearing them at home you can venture out grin

elmoandella Thu 21-Aug-08 12:45:27

how old is she??

TinkerBellesMum Thu 21-Aug-08 12:46:25

That's a thought. Does anyone know who makes them in 12-18? Even the Small Bambino Mios can be a bit big on her. Because she was prem she has always been in clothes for half her age.

TinkerBellesMum Thu 21-Aug-08 12:48:16

She's 25 months. She's been trying to potty train since she was about 14/15 months, she has been dry at home since April and clean in the last couple of weeks.

elmoandella Thu 21-Aug-08 12:55:21

my sons about the same age. i found he was getting to click on to the idea that when he had a nappy he didn't have to go.

so we went cold turkey on nappies for everything.

he has gotten a lot better thru the day. but i need to lift him for a pee either when i go to bed or about 5am. if i lift him once thru the night he's dry all night.

sometimes i forget. but it's no big deal. a bit hit or miss if he gets himself up. but i've got a spare set of sheets with a bed mat underneath . i just wip off top layer and put on dry pants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now