Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Leaking wraps :(

(13 Posts)
LilRedWG Thu 21-Aug-08 11:21:50

Hi, I use Nature Babies Applix wraps for DD and have had not problems up until recently, when she started to leak around the legs. I presumed the wraps were well overdue an update and threw them away, buying new ones.

However, the new ones are having the same problem! Is it just because she is a toddler (27 months) and therefore weeing lots more? I'm thinking it's this. I'd potty train her, but she is just not ready/interested yet.

Any tips on how to stay sane please?

LackaDAISYcal Thu 21-Aug-08 11:35:40

not sure but bumping for you for more knowledgeable real nappy peeps smile

LittleMyDancingForJoy Thu 21-Aug-08 11:43:25

I had this problem with DS about this age - the only ones that really work are Motherease wraps (we use Rikkis). all others I found leaked at one time or another.

DisplacementActivity Thu 21-Aug-08 11:45:26

Message withdrawn

LilRedWG Thu 21-Aug-08 12:20:37

Bugger - just bought new Nature babies off Flame and can't afford any more

LackaDAISYcal Thu 21-Aug-08 12:23:59

lilred, you will be able to get a good price for the nature babies wraps on www.usednappies.co.uk and maybe pick up some nearly new ME there if you don't mind pre-loved

Talk to Flame though as I think she may have a buy back thing going on smile

LilRedWG Thu 21-Aug-08 12:24:56

Thanks Lacksa - I'm hoping Flame will pop up here with some wonder advice

LilRedWG Thu 21-Aug-08 12:27:41

I've been cheeky and emailed her a link to this thread for advice blush

Flamesparrow Thu 21-Aug-08 12:58:55

I think it could be where she is weeing that much more - she is holding it all in then doing big ones rather than lots of trickles. So...... either keep the wraps and boost oodles, or sell them and buy motherease or a different brand you trust

I can buy one back at 70%, but not all of em I'm afraid. (Hate being mean business woman blush)

LilRedWG Thu 21-Aug-08 13:22:14

No problem . Will just start putting double boosters in (she's in bamboo nappies).

LilRedWG Thu 21-Aug-08 13:22:43

In a way I'm relieved that it just her super-wees and nothing I'm doing wrong re wraps

DisplacementActivity Thu 21-Aug-08 20:01:14

Message withdrawn

melontum Thu 21-Aug-08 20:14:02

Too much wee all at once, ime, be glad it's a dd n not a boy (they go with more force).

Time to try toilet training?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now