Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

No diry nappy in over 24 hours

(8 Posts)
jojoisamum Thu 21-Aug-08 11:10:22

For our 7 week old son. Usually we have 2-3 at least a day. Should we be worried? Can't get through to health visitor/gp surgery - closed for training!

LittleMyDancingForJoy Thu 21-Aug-08 11:11:51

is he bf or ff? this happened a few times with our son. is he showing any signs of discomfort? If not, then I wouldn't worry.

if he looks like he's uncomfortable, then try rubbing his stomach VERY GENTLY in a clockwise direction, and bicycling his legs for a minute or two. could help get things moving.

smile

jojoisamum Thu 21-Aug-08 11:12:53

FF

Will give that a go. He was a bit uncomfortable last night but he slept and continues to eat and is normal today.

LittleMyDancingForJoy Thu 21-Aug-08 11:16:16

if he's eating and sleeping normally then I doubt there's anything to worry about. iirc ff can sometimes bung them up a bit.

i would give him some time, you'll probably find that he suddenly does a really massive one that escapes all over his clothes!

this is from www.askbaby.com:

"The frequency of your babies bowel movements shouldn't be a particular cause for concern unless there is no movement for 4 - 5 days or if baby seems to be in pain. You should check consistency of the stools rather than frequency, as solid, pellet like poos may indicate constipation. Ideally your baby should be passing soft poos about the size of a £2 coin.

Many babies grunt, cry, strain or go red when passing stools - this can be normal and doesn't necessarily mean they're constipated. As long as the stools are soft and reasonably regular it should be fine."

jojoisamum Thu 21-Aug-08 11:41:22

Lovely. Thank you!

Seona1973 Thu 21-Aug-08 12:54:28

at around that age ds started pooing only every 2-3 days but it was still soft so he wasnt constipated (he was also formula fed). He is still the same now at 22 months.

jojoisamum Fri 22-Aug-08 09:50:51

Well you were not wrong with the explosion. It even scared the dog!

LittleMyDancingForJoy Fri 22-Aug-08 09:52:29

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now