Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

swimming lessons

(5 Posts)
PurlyQueen Thu 21-Aug-08 11:04:14

I am taking my 5 month old son swimming for the first time tomorrow. Apart from a swim nappy, what else does he need to wear? He will be in a baby pool.

melontum Thu 21-Aug-08 11:18:59

I would put some kind of swim trunks on him, as well, just to better contain poo (there probably won't be any, but you never know!).
If it's cold like most pools, you could try a lycra sunsuit on him (lycra still insulates a bit when wet).

Don't be surprised if he's fed up after 20 minutes, that's a pretty long swim at that age. Do you have a baby float ring thing for him? I swap between that and holding baby in my arms so he can splash the water for himself a bit.

Have fun!

melontum Thu 21-Aug-08 11:19:20

(Just a pair of shorts can do for swiim trunks, if needed).

Seona1973 Thu 21-Aug-08 12:56:34

I never used trunks over a disposable swim nappy and eventually ended up buying a washable one. In all the time we have taken ds swimming he has never pooed in the pool. We have gone almost every saturday since he was around 3 months old and is now 22 months.

PurlyQueen Mon 25-Aug-08 14:39:31

I took my boy swimming on Friday and he loved it! He wore a disposable swim nappy but I've bought him a washable one for future use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now