Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I want some advice from people who've come through potty refusal

(7 Posts)
apostrophe Wed 20-Aug-08 14:12:28

Message withdrawn

fluffyanimal Wed 20-Aug-08 14:14:34

I'm sorry this is completely unhelpful but PMSL at wee before Gospel and poo during Eucharistic prayer.

You have all my sympathies though. We are only just embarking on potty training.

KateF Wed 20-Aug-08 14:18:46

dd3 refused to use potty or loo until she was 3 years 10 months. I had about three goes at potty training and each time went back into pull ups for a few months before trying again. She got it eventually, when she wanted to but she's still not all that reliable at 4 and one month. I think 2.9 is quite young, perhaps he's just not ready yet.

Mercy Wed 20-Aug-08 14:20:59

There is light at the end of the tunnel, don't worry!

First of all, I think training a boy is harder and I think they should start later. My ds was just over 3 when I started training him (he wasn't interested in the potty so we went straight onto the toilet). He got weeing in about a week but it took over a year for him to poo in the toilet.

He has had about 5 wet incidents and no soiling in the year and a half since he was first trained.

Would you be prepared to drop it all for now and try again in a few months time?

apostrophe Wed 20-Aug-08 14:22:38

Message withdrawn

Mercy Wed 20-Aug-08 14:51:53

I think that might be worth trying.

I think he's probably not ready or able to learn just yet going by what you have said.

You will get there!

apostrophe Wed 20-Aug-08 19:12:22

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now