Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

cloth nappies - nappy rash

(14 Posts)
kuta Tue 19-Aug-08 23:08:15

hallo ladies. i was hoping for some advice.
i use cloth nappies with my 8 m o (one disposable at night) and she just developed an awful nappy rash (second time ever - 1st only mild with teething), which happened at the same time as starting nursery and getting diarrhoea (usual nursery bug i think, nothing major, is now resolved). it seems that they change her nappy every 2 hours in nursery, so i can't blame them for the nappy rush. I have done everything you ment to do: we never use wipes anyway but now we're on cotton wool, switched to disposables, used sudocream then changed to metanium, not really use any nappies while she's awake, cleaning up a mess as soon as she makes it (spend the whole day cleaning up poo...), went to see hv yesterday and got some canesten in case it's thrush.it's not an allergy cause she didn't have/worn anything out of the ordinary lately.she's not teething. the bottom still looks awful 5 days in, and in fact worse then 2 days ago. am i missing anything? she has to go back to nursery tom for 3 days in a row and she can't really have nappy off time there, i'm really worried she'll come back with a big hole in her bottom. i went to see gp, but he just thought i was a neurotic mother...and told me to give her precels for her diarrhoea hmm

BigBadMousey Thu 21-Aug-08 16:25:24

BUMP for advice.....

kuta Thu 21-Aug-08 20:00:49

Looks like i'm not the only one who run out of ideas. she's back in nursery and doesn't seem to be bothered by the rash, alhough it's till bad. i'm starting to think it might be something else...
hope you well and not getting rained on too much. love the photo on your profile, so cute!

kuta Thu 21-Aug-08 20:00:49

Looks like i'm not the only one who run out of ideas. she's back in nursery and doesn't seem to be bothered by the rash, alhough it's till bad. i'm starting to think it might be something else...
hope you well and not getting rained on too much. love the photo on your profile, so cute!

DisplacementActivity Thu 21-Aug-08 20:08:12

Message withdrawn

kuta Thu 21-Aug-08 20:12:21

thanks! if no better by monday i certainly will see gp

hotbot Thu 21-Aug-08 20:21:28

burts busy bees diaper cream here:
www.slapiton.co.uk
amazing stuff, take sthe redness right out whrn nothing else works - we had this with dd who always got horrendus nappy rash when teething

kuta Thu 21-Aug-08 20:34:06

just had a look on the site. all the stuff looks lovely. might find something for myself too...

BigBadMousey Thu 21-Aug-08 22:34:40

Poor sausage - she's still not much better then? At least you are getting some responses now grin

Shelly679 Fri 22-Aug-08 15:27:27

hi kuta have you tried the canesten yet? When dd had thrush the canesten was clearing it up within a day - her wee bum was that bad that it was weeping blood and the canesten worked great.
Have you given her any different foods lately? My dd can't take orange juice as it gives her a sore bum
I'm sorry that I don't have any other advice as you've tried everything that I would've done. Hope she gets better soon

kuta Mon 25-Aug-08 13:15:52

thanks. we almost finished the whole tube of canesten, with not much effect.
friends came round yesterday visiting from oz with a baby.the mother made me tried their cream and the rash almost dissapeared over night! (i didn't write down the name. it stinks of fish oil and you can only get it in oz). strangely - got worse during the day today, despite not wearing a nappy. something is going on...could it be cause i stopped breastfeeding? last couple of months i was only feeding her first thing anyway, but maybe it upset some delicate bottom balance?

kuta Mon 25-Aug-08 13:29:37

actually just found it on line:

http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product.asp?id=3364&pname=Desitin+Nappy+Ointment+100g

it really works!

KVC Mon 25-Aug-08 13:39:31

Message withdrawn

kuta Tue 26-Aug-08 08:59:45

2 top teeth just came through! so i guess the mistery is solved. thanks for advice evryone! hopefully things will get better now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now