Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bumgenius stains - what to do when no sunshine?

(8 Posts)
HolidaysQueen Tue 19-Aug-08 09:54:07

I'm using Bumgenius and even after a wash often have quite bad stains. They usually go when stretched out on the washing line in the sunshine. However, the sun seems to have disappeared right now and I guess we might not see it again until next summer... I'm not too fussed about stains per se, but would like to occasionally get them looking a bit more pristine!

I use fleece liners to catch the worst of the poo but still get stains at the edges in the elasticated bits. I dry pail, wash every other day, cold rinse then 60C wash with half a ball full of washing liquid.

So, what can I do to get rid of the stains?

FWIW, DS is 20 weeks and not yet on solids. Will the poo get less runny and therefore stay in the liner mainly once he's on solids? In other words, could this just be a temporary problem?

wontbepreggersagain Tue 19-Aug-08 09:59:54

the korma poo is temporary- but beware carrot poo is deadly to pristine nappies! i found surf the best detergent to use for stained nappies.

no ideas how to get rid, but it will prob fade with more washes! i remember having a paddy over stained swaddlebees, next wash it had magically vanished!

HolidaysQueen Tue 19-Aug-08 10:03:51

hi wontbepreggers - how are you doing? I'd been warned about blueberry and beetroot poo, but nobody had mentioned carrots...

4andnotout Tue 19-Aug-08 10:06:11

Even placing them on an airer near a sunny window should help a bit, how about a rub of household soap before you wash them again?

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Tue 19-Aug-08 10:12:31

ain't no sunshine and they pong
she ain't weaned and it's runny
ain't no sunshine and the pong
can't use bleach cos that's wrong
can't shift those stains till it's sunny

wontbepreggersagain Tue 19-Aug-08 10:14:42

beetroot- blimey- that'd be the death of ever having white nappies!

the girls are more solid now they are on solids, but still have explosions every now and again!

I'm not particularly fussed when they stain boring nappies (tots, ME etc) but when it is my blueberry's or starbunz- then i lose the plot and dh has to deal with stain removal before smoke starts to come out of my ears grin.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Tue 19-Aug-08 19:21:12

10/10 couldyouwitagoat for lyrics grin

BellaBear Tue 19-Aug-08 19:27:25

I didn't use liners until DS startedon solids, it didn't seem worth it.
He's been on solids for a month (only just started eating anything in the last week really) and his poo is thicker but still goes off the sides.
Just realised this post doesn't really help you, just rambling I suppose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now