Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Doing it wrong or just too early

(6 Posts)
mummynumnum Tue 19-Aug-08 08:47:24

Tried dd with knickers but not having much success in potty. Does seem to be able to hold it in instead of having accidents and then wees as soon as you put a nappy on, both at home and at nursery.

She is just over 2. Am I doing it wrong or am i trying just too early?

olivo Tue 19-Aug-08 08:59:13

can i ask why you are using nappies as well?- this is purely curiosity, not criticism! I am 2 hrs into potty training grin my 2y dd and so far, one accident, nothing in the loo and she's already fed up of me putting her on the loo or suggesting it! Regarding the nappies thing, i was assuming i would not use them except at night or maybe if we really have to go out.
I can't offer advice but wanted to offer support!

georgiemum Tue 19-Aug-08 08:59:14

Maybe a bit too early? As with all things, kids develop at their own pace. I think if you try too early it can become a bit of an issue.

DS decided at 2 1/2 that he had had enough of nappies and just started using the potty (it's one of those little potty step jobs from maman jojo bebe) that he was used to seeing in the bathroom. First day was great, second day about 3 accidents but then it was just the odd little accident. Night times were about the same. As long as they have clothes that they can get out of quickly (dungarees are a nightmare).

My sister advocates getting them to choose their 'big girl/boy' pants (her daughter was horrofied at the prospect of 'weeing on Barbie' so that worked out ok!)

my DS was like this. could hold it but refused to use the potty. then one day DH told him he could have a sticker every time he peed in the potty. he's been great since then. but he's nearly 3. we still have issues with pooing in the potty but we're getting htere!

mummynumnum Tue 19-Aug-08 16:23:05

Try stickers-but will sit on it but no wee.

Tend to put nappy on for bed and when travel to and from nursery and then she tends to do a wee that prob been holding in.

mummynumnum Tue 19-Aug-08 21:16:18

Just had lots of accidents at nursery today. may give it a go in a few weeks time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now