Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

is a much drier overnight nappy a sign we are ready for potty training?

(5 Posts)
sueellenewing Sun 17-Aug-08 22:16:01

my dd is not quite 20 months. She is not showing any particular signs of being ready for potty training whilst she is awake - although she does make it quite clear when she is doing a poo! I've noticed in the last couple of weeks that her overnight nappy is relatively dry when she wakes (whereas previously it was a dash to change her before it leaked). However, the first one of the day is now full in about an hour or so which leads me to think she is not weeing much in the night but is letting it all go once she is up. Is this a common thing at this stage (and without any other real signs?). I don't want to try and force her too soon and I am also just making sure that the drier nappy thing isn"t a symptom of something more worrying IFSWIM. She seems to be drinking the same amount of fluid in the course of her day anyway. Grateful for any advice.

ChasingSquirrels Sun 17-Aug-08 22:19:59

you could try sitting her on the potty/toilet first thing when you change her nappy - no pressure just to see.

sueellenewing Mon 18-Aug-08 09:45:30

thanks - will give it a try tomorrow

SoupKitchen Mon 18-Aug-08 09:53:37

DS was having similar about 3 months ago.
I didn't worry about it too much then after a week of dry morning nappies and at the end of chicken pox I took his nappy off during the day to dry out the spots.

He got the hang of it in 2 days and has been dry day and night since.

He is 2.5. I think is a great sign and would say go for it.

Good luck

sueellenewing Mon 18-Aug-08 11:35:43

of, that sounds really positive then. am quite excited now! imagine the extra money i will have!! thanks for the advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now