Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

2 question for potty users!

(5 Posts)
vannah Sun 17-Aug-08 21:30:07

erm, sorry if this sounds daft - how do you clean them? DS is on day 2 of potty training and has only just pooed but it wasnt easy cleaning it out...used paper but then? tried rinsing with shower head...yuk

secondly, what are travel potties like to use? We have been house bound for a acouple of days but were thinking of venturing out tomorrow. Is a travel potty easy to use?

thankyou

tissy Sun 17-Aug-08 21:34:49

Tip poo into loo,hold potty in loo while flushing, wipe out with paper, then again after dropping a little tea tree or lavender oil in.

Never took a travel potty- took the actual potty in the car, and didn't go anywhere than didn't have a handy loo till it was sorted!

nobodysfool Sun 17-Aug-08 21:39:34

I always used to put a square of toilet roll in the potty and it stops any cling ons!

LittleDorrit Mon 18-Aug-08 13:21:07

I have been using a travel potty - I spend a lot of time out with DD in the park/shopping, etc - and so the travel potty has been great. It just means I am not constantly worried about what I will do if DD suddendly says she needs to go !!

vannah Mon 18-Aug-08 20:06:09

thanks all, much prefer the idea of tea tree oil than the disinfectnt spray ive been using.
Going to try the square of toilet paper first...thankyou!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now