Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Aghh, help me sort out my night time training dilemma.

(4 Posts)
funnypeculiar Sun 17-Aug-08 21:08:36

Ds (4.5) day trained about 2 years ago, but has a soaking nappy every morning. He wanted to stop about 4 months ago, did well to for first week (4 dry nights/7), then was soaked the bed every day for the next few weeks. He decided to go back to nappies.

Dd (2.5) has just day time trained, and has night trained as well at the same time - she's stopped wearing night time nappies.

It's re-ignited ds' desire to loose his nighttime nappy. But he's wetting every night - twice last night. He never wakes up when he wees (shouts sometimes...)

Should I:
a) let him leave it off, and pray for an indian summer/good drying weather
b) put it on him once he's asleep
c) convince him he's not ready (HOW??)

lauraloola Sun 17-Aug-08 21:16:44

My cousin had this when she night trained her ds - dd picked it up straight away aswell. She used to put him on his potty just before she went to bed. He was still half asleep but always did a wee and then was good for the night - It didnt work every night. From then on she did it for a while and he just got better.

Also, I saw on the tv you can get pj shorts that are also a nappy?? Would he prefer those to a nappy?

funnypeculiar Sun 17-Aug-08 21:19:30

Tried those nappy pants, lauraloo - I thought he'd like them too, but he was utterly unimpressed smile

I suppose you're right, & it is sensible to try lifting him before we go to bed- I just worry that it's a bit pointless if he's not ready ... perhaps we should try it & see how it goes...

lauraloola Mon 18-Aug-08 11:21:55

Bless him, it sounds like he really knows what he wants grin

Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now