Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

do you ever see anyone else out and about with reusables?

(10 Posts)
moocowme Sat 16-Aug-08 21:25:30

just curious as my sone has a large selection of brightly coloured resuables made by his mummy and are quite noticable in the summer peeking over his shorts.

I have never so far seen another baby in our town when out with a reusable on. does everyone put disposables on when they go out?

4andnotout Sat 16-Aug-08 21:28:34

I met another cloth botted baby at the local playgroup, i was shock but pleased as all my friends think im weird! We always use cloth even when staying out overnight.

LackaDAISYcal Sat 16-Aug-08 21:30:51

we use a mix of cloth and dispos due to bad nappy rashes, but I do know other mums who use cloth and do so when out and about as well.

I use dispos if we are overnighting or on holiday.

Maybe you have spotted a gap in the market for your handiwork?

PigeonPie Sat 16-Aug-08 21:41:49

DS1's nappies weren't that noticeable - it just looked like he'd got a big bottom - but as he usually wore dungarees you wouldn't have noticed if you bumped into him. The only time I noticed other reusables was in changing rooms, but that was very infrequently.

However, I got quite excited the other day when a 'new' mum I met was talking about washing her nappies. I too am often thought of as weird either that, or 'so good'.

I just love my nappies though grin

BigBadMousey Sat 16-Aug-08 21:49:00

I don't see other mums as much as I should <miserable old git emoticon> but I have met a few who use cloth.

Mostly when I see other mums they are apologising and making excuses for using disposables (I do a cloth nappy talk at the local antenatal classes) which is a bit sad because I really think it's up to them and I don't want to make them feel bad about their choice.

Lionstar Sat 16-Aug-08 21:50:16

Met a few cloth bums at the health clinic when DD was small and I still bothered to get her weighed.

Now she is in nursery and there are 2 others with cloth bums in her room alone!

Octothechildherder Sun 17-Aug-08 19:07:41

Lots - alot of people I know use cloth and everyone knows I do grin

I do speak to people if I see their baby in cloth blush I don't cross the street or anything blush - just if they are in close proximity!

onepieceoflollipop Sun 17-Aug-08 19:09:28

Oh yes I go out and about with baby in cloth, also take them with us if staying away one night, or for the last night or two on holiday.

ScottishMummy Sun 17-Aug-08 19:11:36

yes lots

KikiH Sun 17-Aug-08 19:37:08

yes most of my friends use cloth and we just take old cotton wool bags with us to put dirties in. I use flushable liners when out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now