Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

potty training ds, when he's wearing pants wees and poos in them,any tips on how to get to next stage?

(5 Posts)
bigboydiditandranaway Sat 16-Aug-08 08:08:18

have been potty training for about 3 weeks now. ds will go staight to the potty and stand over it and wee,sit down and poo, but realises too late when wearing pants for wees and poos. just wondered how long this stage lasts, i seem to be forever cleaning and washing!

lilymolly Sat 16-Aug-08 12:39:51

I think you have to keep putting him on the potty often until he learns to control himself.

My dd started off by doing a drible in her knickers stopping herself and then letting it go once I placed her on the toilet.
She has now learnt to hold on for longer and very rarely dribbles.

How old is ds?
Maybe he is not ready to be trained?

bigboydiditandranaway Mon 18-Aug-08 20:33:32

ds is 2.6yrs old. he was doing really well then baby brother born and i suppose he's gone back a few stepssad

cheatedon Mon 18-Aug-08 20:40:06

Oh very difficult if new baby in his life. My ds1 was doing really well until ds2 was born then it took him another year before he decided he could handle it. I didn't push it, let him decide when I asked him if he wanted to try and use the potty, in the end it took him a few days and he was dry day and night with no problems at all. Ds2 is now wanting to use potty at 2.4yrs but always has accidents with pants on because he forgets they aren't nappies, he is always dry if he doesn't wear anything, so at home he wears nothing and is dry, if we go out I use 'feel and learn' pants, but he forgets and obviously isn't at that stage yet, stress not, he will suss it out soon enough!

maygirl Sat 23-Aug-08 22:23:31

My DS had to go commando for about 2 weeks, until had formed the 'new habit'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now