Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Um...the only boy to dislike touching his on willy??!!

(12 Posts)
Baysmum Fri 15-Aug-08 21:03:41

Feel a bit ridiculous with this one, but we have recently potty trained ds1 (3) and he is finally happy to wee in the toilet/potty/garden but only standing up and he refuses to hold his willy or let anyone else touch it! As a consequence, wee often ends up everywhere - his legs, shoes, my feet, the carpet....aaargh! He has never touched himself and when asked says 'its silly' or 'I dont do that'!! When I have tried to force the issue (ahem) he screams 'get off my willy!!' v loudly! I'm starting to worry what our neighbours think! Any ideas??

fishie Fri 15-Aug-08 21:07:34

can't you get a bloke to show him? ds let me aim occasionally for him but i didn't know what to do either!

does he never fiddle about generally though? ds never leaves his alone.

Hecate Fri 15-Aug-08 21:10:17

does it hurt him? Has he perhaps given it a hell of a yank in the past? Does he have foreskin probs?

Whatever it is, he cannot go round peeing everywhere. If he won't sit down, would he kneel on something to make him the right height to drape his willy into the bowl?

Failing that, I don't suppose he'd use tongs?

Baysmum Fri 15-Aug-08 21:11:02

He has had a demo and has a ping pong ball to aim at to make it fun but still refuses. Has never fiddled, ds2 does it all the time!

derelicte Fri 15-Aug-08 21:11:41

lol at "drape his willy into the bowl" [too much wine emoticon]

VeniVidiVickiQV Fri 15-Aug-08 21:13:47

Sitting down would be better. I've encouraged DS to do this.

Baysmum Fri 15-Aug-08 21:14:30

I dont think its a foreskin/medical thing as he has never said it hurts and he is quite articulate and able to tell me stuff like that. He does generally let me hold him over the bowl and get the wee in but, as happened earlier, sorry if tmi, its kinda stuck to his balls and pointing the wrong way it just goes everywhere! God, I cant believe I'm spending my friday nights discussing such things - I used to go out!!!

fishie Fri 15-Aug-08 21:16:11

yes, i ended up insisting on sit or point properly until he got the hang of it. being a bit taller really helped, he started out on tiptoes which isn't good for aim.

or are you worried there is a problem?

Baysmum Fri 15-Aug-08 21:20:16

No just fed up of cleaning up wee. Also slightly concerned that he doesnt fiddle and seems to think that its wrong, as I certainly havent intentionally made him think that. Worried that I have inadvertently made him think that it is naughty or wrong and that he is going to grow up repressed!! Also, he totally refuses to sit down!

fishie Fri 15-Aug-08 21:31:46

ah you will be cleaning up wee forever now. i find a dilute spray of bleach round the bottom of loo daily and left for 10 mins stops the worst of it.

that is more what i meant about a problem. he probably has his own reasons for not fiddling and it all sounds very familiar re getting hang of weeing.

Dragonhart Sat 16-Aug-08 19:32:03

When I was teaching ds to stand up to wee, I started by holding his willy for him, then getting him to do it. He got wee on his hands the first few times and then didnt like it for a while but then was ok after DH showed him properly!

He told me to sort of pull the foreskin back abit and straighten everything up before he starts. Now he seems to start holding his willy then just lets go when in full flow.

Maybe you could get him to take his pants and trousers off to wee for a while while he gets the hang of it. Also when I tried to use a foot step, DS used to get it everywhere then when I just got him to stand up to the toilet he could get it into the bowl. SUppose the angle was better.

He still cant wee al fresco so I just get him to stand up and hold a nappysack with a tissue in it if we are caught short.

Not sure if that helps. DS cant keep his hands off his I have to say. So much so that people keep asking me if he needs the toilet!

MindingMum Sat 16-Aug-08 20:29:49

My ds used to not want to hold his either but didn't make a big fuss when i insisted he did. He grew out of it pretty quickly and I'm sure yours will do the same

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now