Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

arghhhhhh - nursery threw my nappy in the bin again!

(15 Posts)
Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 14-Aug-08 22:19:41

Does this happen to anyone else? its always one of my faves as well - i noticed at about half 5 tonight only 2 of his 3 nappies were returned so rang nursery who said it had been thrown out with the sposies. Sorry rant over angry. Todays victim was a lovely aqua blue pocket sad

tutu100 Fri 15-Aug-08 00:36:02

Do they reimburse you when they throw them away? If not I think they should do. It's like throwing away an item of your child's clothing.

I feel for the lovely aqua blue pocket stuck in disposible nappy hell wink.

AnnVan Fri 15-Aug-08 02:26:56

They should pay the cost of the nappy - considering how much reusables cost, it's no small thing if they keep throwing them away! what idiots!

juuule Fri 15-Aug-08 08:17:25

They should reimburse you the cost of the nappy.

ThatBigGermanPrison Fri 15-Aug-08 08:20:14

They should pay for it then? If they are too tight to spend the time to say "By the way, don't throw cloth nappies in the bin, put them in a bag" to all their staff, then it serves them right to get hit with a bill.

Seriously, invoice them. I would.

pinkspottywellies Fri 15-Aug-08 08:21:34

Idiots! They should definitely reimburse you.

I always get people trying to take mine off me to put in the bin if I carry it through the house in a nappy sack. 'Let me pop it in the bin for you' er no thanks 'honestly it's fine' no really 'it's no trouble' no it's mine, get off, I'm taking it home!!

wearymum200 Fri 15-Aug-08 08:22:38

If its "again" then I would make a fuss; it has happened to me only once in nearly 2 years and I just shrugged and let it go (not completely sure that it didn't end up in someone else's reusbale nappy bag, which must have been lovely for them....) as it was a one-off. Use the cheapest ones you have to send to nursery?

BouncingTurtle Fri 15-Aug-08 08:34:14

Fark!!

I would make them pay for it NZ. I am planing to send my BG's to nursery - I'd do my nut if they threw them out.

Curious what nursery - is it the one on the big industrial estate near the main A road that goes through our locality?
Sorry trying to be as vague as possible!

DontCallMeBaby Fri 15-Aug-08 08:35:10

They should pay! The owner of DD's nursery told me they have paid for children's clothes on a couple of occasions when they've been lost and not turned up in someone else's bag. She wasn't convinced the nursery was responsible for losing the items, but paid up out of good will. I don't see why cloth nappies should be any different to other clothing, especially when the nursery are definitely responsible for the loss.

MrsJamin Fri 15-Aug-08 08:37:20

once, fair enough, they made a mistake, but twice, they definitely should pay to reimburse you, cloth nappies aren't cheap!

lindseyfox Fri 15-Aug-08 11:39:36

my nephews nursery send all nappies home they wont dispose of any nappies so my sister has a lovely surprise when he comes home of a bag full of stinky nappies!!!

lollipopmother Fri 15-Aug-08 13:41:18

Oh that's disgraceful! Once can be overlooked but not twice, I'd be fuming!

lauraloola Fri 15-Aug-08 17:59:53

How rude. I used to work in a nursery and we were always very careful with reusables to make sure they went back to the correct parent. I cant believe they didnt tell you either.

Make them pay for a replacement.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sat 16-Aug-08 11:07:01

Hiya last time it was a bumgenius and at time they were on bogof so i invoiced them and bought two which was a bonus but they did grumble at the price but tough - Anyway i picked him up last night and it was there with a poo in it in a plaggy nappy bag - apparently the room manager and another had to dig to the bottom of the nappy bin outside as it was the first of the day but put in the effort after i had explained and showed on internet which one it was and with nice expensive insert! Bouncing turtle near to makro ..... other than that they are good though and ds loves it.

BouncingTurtle Sat 16-Aug-08 11:52:17

Ahh I know the one you mean... ds is going to the one up at Winyard Park.
BG - not cheap! I get them from my Lollipop agent for about £10. Though well done on getting replacement on BOGOf grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now