Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Does this nappy exist?

(12 Posts)
Dragonhart Thu 14-Aug-08 18:54:39

I am looking for a nappy like the bumhugger (ie. fully fleece lined, pull out booster, pocket to put extra boosters if needed and poppers that are of a similar design where there are a set for legs and a set for waist) but for the day and made of cotton or microterry.

Like the idea of the popper fastening bumble and love the fact it is btp as they are needed for 19mo and newborn, but the poppers dont look very adjustable for different waist or thigh measurements. Does anyone have them as I dont seem to be able to find a good picture of how they work?

Any ideas?

BigBadMousey Thu 14-Aug-08 21:26:09

I think you'll find the popper bumble won't fit on a newborn. I think they say 12lb up. The nippa bumble does fit on a newborn but is very bulky.

Fluffles almost fit the bill - Size 1 is fab for a newborn. I've seen the new on eBay but you'd have to be sharp to get them as they are in demand - seen lots second hand though. Poppers aren't quite as you'd like though.

Poppers and microfibre are not always a good mix - hard to find the poppers in amongst the fluff.

There are others I'm sure....will think

Dragonhart Fri 15-Aug-08 11:28:24

Been looking at the stuffie. Like the look of it but I would really like a nappy I can put in the changing bag for both of them.

I do have afew nappies I can use for when the baby is newborn so if a little large at first then not such a problem.

Dont mind hook and loop too much. I dont want nippa because they are mainly for DH who is not so keen on them. It is much easier to get him to use poppers or hook and loop and I get less grief!

Are bumbles bigger than bambinex teddies size 2 do you know?

ilovemydog Fri 15-Aug-08 11:29:40

lollipop softee?

Dragonhart Fri 15-Aug-08 11:57:45

Thanks Ilovemydog but the softee seems to be sized though.

How about the Swaddlebees one size Organic Cotton Velour here. Anyone tried it and loves/hates it?

BigBadMousey Fri 15-Aug-08 16:11:57

Nappyzone has tried the Swaddlebees OV I think.

Softee isn't fleece lined (well mine isn't anyway grin).

There was another that I forgot - the nature babies micro pocket. Not sure about the poppers though - I think there is just one row...

There are a few that fit nearly all your criteria that aren't btp and a few btps that don't fit all yor criteria so I guess it depends on what your priorities are. I'm assuming you don't fancy using a pocket nappy such as the wonderoo btp...

Dragonhart Fri 15-Aug-08 16:26:14

Tried a bumgenius and did like it but seems silly when I have wraps in all sizes from ds1.

Was looking at the swaddlebees 2nd hand so would be interested if they last well.

I dont really understand the micro pocket as you dont seem to be able to adjust the rise. Is that right or am I being dim?!

BigBadMousey Fri 15-Aug-08 17:55:22

There are poppers at the front for adjusting the rise a la Bumgenius, Wonderoos etc.

The swaddlebees OV are very nice. I've not tried the btp though so not sure about bulkiness on a newborn. I think nappyzone has said the OV is prone to holding stains. I think they are quite well made - had mine for a year and bought then 2nd hand (they were part of a very large rotation though blush).

Flamesparrow Fri 15-Aug-08 18:22:02

Yup, OV are prone to stains.

Cottontail?

ilovemydog Fri 15-Aug-08 18:24:38

only poppers for Bum Genius at front if it's a one size. The all in one which is sized (s,m,l) does not have poppers....

needaholiday Fri 15-Aug-08 21:27:01

what about a weenotions one size pocket? Not sure if they have the adjustable legs as well but have heard they are a really great fit. Failing that try nippa nappies instead with sized wraps. Brilliant fit with a nippa.

Dragonhart Sun 17-Aug-08 18:59:12

Thanks everyone for the advice. Have bought some 2nd hand swaddlebees one size to try and trying to get some bumble poppers.

Maybe this baby will be big like ds1 so size wont be a prob (I am huge compared to dd2). Will find out on thu after cs I suppose! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now