Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Another question!! Are liners totally necessary?

(9 Posts)
Essie3 Thu 14-Aug-08 15:42:21

If I'm using a nappy with an inner soaker and an outer shell, then a booster liner - do I really need the paper liner as well? I find it's just another thing for the bin (or flushed) and I'm wondering about its use.

BigBadMousey Thu 14-Aug-08 15:52:23

Many people don't use them.

I use fleece liners to act as a stay dry layer and also to stop the nappies staining. DD2 is allergic to several types of paper liner - they have their place but if you don't want to use one then you don't need to.

needaholiday Fri 15-Aug-08 21:28:09

we don't use liners at all. Find poo sticks in terry better than on paper or fleece wink

cthea Fri 15-Aug-08 21:29:37

No liners here either. I had a roll at some stage but didn't find it again for DD2 and didn't bother. (Mind you, I don't use cloth nappies for DD2 all the time.)

ilovemydog Fri 15-Aug-08 21:34:23

I use liners with DD (aged 2), but not with b/f DS (5 months).

It's personal choice, but the point is for the, um, messier occasions, that can stick to the nappy with the point being one can just flush it down the toilet.

Without being gross, the alternative is to slosh around in the toilet.

But am sure there is a much more efficient method smile

needaholiday Sat 16-Aug-08 20:40:47

rinse under the shower or tap into a bucket then slosh that down the loo! Works for us grin

juuule Sat 16-Aug-08 21:00:01

I used fleece liners or none at all.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 17-Aug-08 17:03:02

i only use fleece liners in non lined nappies like a bambinex or a flexitot - boy likes to be dry. smile

Octothechildherder Sun 17-Aug-08 19:08:41

They block my drains - so sluice and bucket them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now