Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Another pooing in knickers thread! (Have checked archives but still have questions!)

(3 Posts)
Arbuthnot Thu 14-Aug-08 15:30:14

I am potty training DD2 who is 21 months. I wasn't planning on doing it so soon but she decided to keep taking her nappy off and going to sit on a potty to wee. Within a day she had really grasped the weeing on a potty or toilet and can even get down her own knickers and lift her skirt etc.

However pooing is very hit and miss. When I see her looking ready I can take her and she will happily sit and poo. However if I am not around she will come crying to me saying she has a poo in her knickers. She is obviously not happy about it but I think she can't be recognising the signs that she needs to poo. I don't want to put her back in nappies as she loves her knickers.

Is there a way to teach her to recognise the signs or is it just something we have to wait for? DD1 was the complete opposite in that she would wait for a nappy to be on in the evening before she pooed and therefore has never soiled her underwear.

prudencepinkleg Thu 14-Aug-08 15:39:36

Oh Arbuthnot, been there and done that - twice! For me, the first time I had to get very tough (but ds1 was 3 and a half); the second time it just took time and then he did it himself. Lots of patience required but she'll get there.

Arbuthnot Thu 14-Aug-08 15:44:23

I think because she is so young I will just have to wait for her to know what she is doing then. She is too young for the offer of rewards/bribes and anyway is a strong-minded stroppy child so can't be cajoled into anything!

I was hoping that someone had a miracle solution but, as has been pointed out on several threads in this section, they would be a millionaire if they did!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now