Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Wont Poo on the potty!

(7 Posts)
leoemma Wed 13-Aug-08 20:53:27

been potty training for 2 weeks and weeing is sorted but he poohs in his pants which is not fun to sort out. Any help or ideas please?

Ags Wed 13-Aug-08 21:20:50

Ooooh I will be watching this with interest. My dd is potty perfect for wee but exactly the same as yours for poo. She holds it until she can't anymore and ends up doing it in her pants. Help would be great.

squeaver Wed 13-Aug-08 21:25:40

I got loads of help with this on here - do a search and you'll find plenty of threads.

It's completely normal. Happens to almost everyone. Don't panic.

Bribery works - certainly did for us. Star charts or whatever you lo responds to.

In the end, we withdrew all treats and made it very clear that the only way dd would get one (choc buttons for us) was if she pooed in the loo. It took 2 weeks but this was after SIX MONTHS of cleaning dirty pants every single day.

Don't stress. It might take time but will work itself out.

simpson Wed 13-Aug-08 21:38:34

Also watching with interest for any more tips as have been toilet training (Ds didn't want potty!) for 3 weeks wees are cracked he will go upstairs by himself and do the business but poo is a different matter, poos in pants and doesn't tell me. I have tried everything bribes, sweets, stickers. I have also begun to tell him off not for pooing pants but for not telling me. I know he knows when he has gone as he used to tell me when he wore nappies....Grrrr....

1petshortofazoo Thu 14-Aug-08 12:31:58

Ds had this trouble but then we figured out he didn't like doing it in front of people so we left his potty in down stairs loo and just told him he could do it in there and no one could see. He would go in and sit on his potty and shout for some one to shut the door for him and would let us know when he was finished.

Hope this helps

Jodie x

simpson Thu 14-Aug-08 12:36:36

Had a chat with Ds about it today and he says he just doesn't want to!! I think he is frightened TBH ....

leoemma Thu 14-Aug-08 22:12:05

Have had 3 poohs in pants today and am finding it really hard not to get cross now! He takes himself off to do wees but I dont know what the matter is with the poohs. He doesnt say much yet so cant figure a reason out. Bribery wont work - he is very stubborn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now