Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bumgenius v2 vs v3

(5 Posts)
SilverSixpence Wed 13-Aug-08 13:06:56

hi, i have become a complete nappy hag and bought some MORE nappies in addition to my LLs and flexitots grin i am justifying it by buying birth to potty size as i only have small ones so far.

anyway, i got a couple of bumgenius v2 and really like them, just wanted to know what the difference was between v2 and v3? if not that significant will keep an eye out for v2 bargains, otherwise will invest in v3 if they are better.

lulalullabye Wed 13-Aug-08 13:18:45

no difference. I have both and don't even look now. You get aand extra insert in V3 which I only use at night.

hotbot Wed 13-Aug-08 13:20:22

i am no expert - hopefully one will come along, i think its the inserts and the fastening tabs that are different. i suspect that theres not much in it tho. i have v3s bought from the nappylady, well pleased with them, but i suspect the v2 would have been fine too.

4andnotout Wed 13-Aug-08 13:25:07

I think there was a tendancy for the velco tabs to bobble and not fasten properly but i only have v2's and bought them all used and have had no problems so far, i need to get a yellow one as i have a few of each other colour blush

BigBadMousey Wed 13-Aug-08 14:23:03

The V2 did have a lot problems with the velcro fastening not working properly once it has had some use. This has apparently been addressed with the 'new, improved fastening' on the V3.

If you buy a new V2 and use it as part of a large rotation of nappies you might well be fine. The V3 hasn't been out long so it remains to be seen what sort of lifespan that one will have. I have seen several V3s on usednappies in the past month so it might be worth looking out for one.

I've heard that they may not be a true btp as many outgrow them before potty training - but if it says btp on the label......wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now