Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

anyone fancy joining me in potty training -have started this morning!

(4 Posts)
whitebeachesandcoconutoil Tue 12-Aug-08 11:42:01

my ds is 3 at the end of next month and so i have decided we have to try and get out of nappies.
i made a big fuss and put some airplane books in the bathroom got his rocket pants out and put on my biggest griitiest teeth and set too.
he was not keen on pants but jollyed along have kept taking him up to loo every 30 mins we have had one wee at 9.30 [in his pants] and then one at 11.30 which i saw was about to happen so picked himmup and ran to the toilet saynhg good boy lets do wee wee in the toilet. we managed to finish a dribble in there.
it is really hard and i know it would be so easy to put him in nappies but i need to do this now so moral support would be good.
it doesnt help that i have a clean freak dh who just keeps saying don't let him mess anywherhmm

Nettee Tue 12-Aug-08 12:08:17

aww you sound like me 6 months ago. It is hard and stressful. If you write down all the times you might see a bit of a pattern over the next few days which will help you with when to take him. Also 20 min after a drink is quite good. I think it is worth going naked for the first few days - makes it much easer for them to get the idea of when they need to go (although some people think it should be pants from day one but whatever works really). Also with little boys you begin to learn when it looks like they need to go. Has he ever done a wee in the toilet? In some ways I think it is worth waiting till he can before doing a full on attempt and then you have more chance of having something to reward. Good luck and don't persist more than 3 - 4 days without any progress at all - it just won't help - he will get there eventually.

whitebeachesandcoconutoil Tue 12-Aug-08 13:20:59

nettee thankyou for your reply yes i am actually writing it down.
i took him up just before 1 for a wee and nothing so i took him off and went in our bedroom saying loudly i bet ** can't get on the toilet and do a wee wee himself he is only litle etc etc anyway i came back out of the bedroom and he had got on the toilet and was really chuffed with himself so i wet ott and said clever boy and then he did a wee!!!!
i am so proud of him !!
i gave him a little car as a treat and a big smiley face on his chart.
ah bless him i hope we can continue this way

Nettee Tue 12-Aug-08 15:53:16

Yay! well done your DS - definatly worth going ott with the praise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now