Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

help needed!!

(4 Posts)
Clairebearmum Tue 12-Aug-08 10:12:55

Hi, this is my first posting and I am looking for some advice. My dd is 8 and she wets the bed most nights. We have been to the doctor who jsut said she will grow out of it. Am i wrong to put a nappy on her?

funnypeculiar Tue 12-Aug-08 10:18:35

I'm not an expert, but have seen posts on here suggesting that regular bedwetting is treated on NHS (ie you should be able to get a referal for her) over the age of about 7 - before that seen as normal.
Bumping for people with more knowledge than me

SilverSixpence Tue 12-Aug-08 12:09:19

hi, i have worked in hospital paediatrics and sat in on bedwetting clinics. For an 8 year old you can definitely be referred to a paediatrician. you need to push your gp to refer you - its not on for them to say she'll grow out of it. There are a few different things that can be tried including tablets, alarms and behavioural methods. Please ask if you need more info but i would definitely urge you to seek professional help at this stage. good luck

Clairebearmum Tue 12-Aug-08 12:31:17

thank you for your help SilverSixpence. I have made an appointment to see a different doctor and I will ask if my daughter can be referred to a paediatrician.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now