Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

will someone please slap me........................

(23 Posts)
wontbepreggersagain Mon 11-Aug-08 11:20:40

and then help me decide on some new nappies- i have been using swaddlebees ocv and fuzzis on the twins but they are getting a bit snug now!

Sooooooo...... i was thinking swaddlebees econappies- pockets, easy and one size so economical.

Why then, after this sensible decision have i just ordered stupid ammounts of blueberry miki side snap pocket nappies! should i send them straight back without even opening them? or do i give them a go?

BigBadMousey Mon 11-Aug-08 11:51:48

<slap>

Give them a go but just use one then surely you can return the others if they are no good. I suspect you will end up with blueberry minkis and swaddlebees and others too....wink

as an aside I wholeheartedly embrace the sentiment of your talkname grin

Nappyzoneneedssleep Mon 11-Aug-08 12:04:07

because they are lovely and strokeable .... would the onesize not have served you more economically? Perhaps have a mix - that said the aplix curling offends me on the onesize blueberry so yeye for sidesnaps! Try one first of course!

I embrace your talk name too.......

ilovemydog Mon 11-Aug-08 12:11:59

The perfect nappy does not exist! Believe me, I have tried! smile

But would return them new/unused for refund. Makes you feel a bit better....

wontbepreggersagain Mon 11-Aug-08 14:48:52

right having discussed the 'ordering 20 blueberries by accident' grin with dh he has decided that i can keep the blueberries (mind you i did tell him they were about £6 each hmm) and order some econappies (was going to get 20) as well- i have to have lots of nappies or else no other washing gets done grin and at least the econappies will last until they are potty trained- in theory!
ha ha- a triumph, the twins will look adorable in their minki pockets, i shall forever be stroking their backsides, and dh is non the wiser that i have just forked out £265 smile everyone wins!!

ilovemydog Mon 11-Aug-08 14:50:50

as long as they look cute! smile

Nappyzoneneedssleep Mon 11-Aug-08 19:07:54

You bought 20 shock I suppose you do have twins! I have owned 3 and was like rocker fella and only got mine when they were uber cheap from usa!! I changed over to GK minkytimes now as we had the sidesnap on unsymetrical popper settings and my ocd could not cope with that! blush

Flamesparrow Tue 12-Aug-08 08:38:19

shock You're insane you know that???

lmao @ NZ's unsymmetrical poppers!!! Will you be back on the blueberries when he goes unsymmetrical again?

Nappyzoneneedssleep Tue 12-Aug-08 08:53:29

No i cant take the risk - i will stick to my minkytimes.

Flamesparrow Tue 12-Aug-08 08:55:04

Oooooooh, are the minkytimes front fastening? (was thinking they had slightly different positioning side snaps)

ilovemydog Tue 12-Aug-08 09:05:26

Ugh - am regretting my purchase of Thirsties. At first they were great, but now they last for about an hour and have to be changed on DD...

Big Bad - how do you like Sandy's organics? They do a Toddler ease in this....

BigBadMousey Tue 12-Aug-08 09:20:57

Oh dear ilovemydog not so thirsty after all then hmm

DS has Sandy's normal cotton (not organic) and Sandy's Bamboo. The bamboo ones are lovely and soft - very strokeable (which makes me look like a weirdo at weighing-in clinic if I succomb to the urge). They do take quite a while to dry though, but with this awful weather everything has ben slow to dry. I'd say they take about 1/2 a day longer than normal cotton. Not sure how robust they are yet as they have only been washed twice. They must be very absorbant though because I put them on DS without even prewashing <impatient mummy emoticon> and they lasted well - he's a heavy wetter. He is still in small (just about) but I have some quite well used large here and they don't seem much higher in the rise than the small - could be down to lots of tumbling, I'm not sure, but def check how high the rise is on your DD before buying loads I'd say.

ilovemydog Tue 12-Aug-08 09:30:54

Please don't slap me, big bad, but may have to get another brand! And am not offended that you didn't answer my other previous hijack re: how much to put on Bum Genius V3s....

DD used Sandy's large until a crayon incident, and about the same time, outgrew them, so we know that the brand fits her. (am a bit worried about her as she had to spend night at Children's, but looks like she will come home this morning - frantic worried mother emoticon. She's with her dad as me and DS came home last night)

BigBadMousey Tue 12-Aug-08 09:45:32

I DID reply but you ignored me and sold them for less than I suggested (hence the big queue for them when you listed them grin).

Hope your DD is OK sad

ilovemydog Tue 12-Aug-08 09:48:03

blush

sorry - I didn't know you replied.

BigBadMousey Tue 12-Aug-08 09:53:35

grin

Nappyzoneneedssleep Tue 12-Aug-08 12:15:36

Flame the minkytimes are the greenkid version - they have aplix fastening with big arms a bit like a happy heiny does. I have just got a new gad which is popper fasteneing but strangely they go on symetrically which is a relief.

DS has a giraffe print minkytime and he really does look like a stripper init - but then he confirms it and does the removing action angry

ilovemydog Tue 12-Aug-08 12:20:51

Big Bad - am going to get sandy's bamboo (toddlerease). Am selling everything else!

DD is home! smile, although has to go to GP tmorrow and she's on drugs sad.

BigBadMousey Tue 12-Aug-08 12:33:38

ilovemydog - glad she is home. Chalk the thirsties up to experience wink.

nappyzone envy at your GAD (although I have just bought one on here smile but he won't fit into it yet sad. I'm glad it's not just me with the unsymmetrical popper thing - I have to fasten then look away quick blush.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Tue 12-Aug-08 12:50:53

Oh BBM it is ocean blue with black fleece inside and black poppers and a pirate embroidered on the back with Pirate ds name under it - unfortunatly i wont be able to ever sell it on as personalised but then it took me a week to build up to him wearing it so will probs frame it lol!

BigBadMousey Tue 12-Aug-08 13:43:54

nappyzone grin <imagines you trying to explain framed nappy on wall to visitors>

ilovemydog Tue 12-Aug-08 17:41:51

Hmmm - my grandparents got my dad's cowboy boots bronzed.

The thirsties are a really nice material, so it's such a shame that they have the absorbency of kitchen roll shock

But am going to take your advice and buy one before diving in... Good advice - must listen to big bad. must listen to big bad....

BigBadMousey Tue 12-Aug-08 20:27:04

<waits for thread admitting you just bought 20>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now