Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

DS obsessed with willy when on potty, how do I stop him?

(6 Posts)
forevared Sun 10-Aug-08 14:09:44

Every time ds1 sits on the potty he starts playing with his willy, pulling back the foreskin and generally admiring it.
I'm trying to encourage him not to do it and stressing the 'private' element of his privates, without making him feel bad about his behaviour.
he generally just grins and carries on. I really don't want to get cross with him in case I send the wrong message. Any ideas about dealing with this? BTW he's 2.7

solo Sun 10-Aug-08 14:11:29

They all do it and usually get bored after a while. I wouldn't worry or make any fuss about his curiosity tbh.

MarsLady Sun 10-Aug-08 14:12:32

I'd ignore it. I'm sure he'll stop soon enough. DT2 is 4.5 and whilst he likes being naked doesn't play with his penis as much as he used to.

Besides... aren't men always fascinated by their bits? lol grin

theyoungvisiter Sun 10-Aug-08 14:15:36

Another one for the ignoring it - also I think the message about keeping it private is a bit confusing - he's on the loo poor thing - does it get much more private than that?

It would be different if he were doing it in the park but I think handling your bits on the potty is pretty allowable grin

KnockOffNorbert Sun 10-Aug-08 14:16:54

I'd let him TBH, it's his body he should be allowed to explore it. Later on you can tell him about appropriate places to do it/not do it etc.

forevared Mon 11-Aug-08 12:07:47

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Guess I just needed to know it was normal at that age. I thought the obsession didn't begin for another year or 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now