Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Ds 2.6 will not go nappy free at all anymore.....

(8 Posts)
Phoenix Sat 09-Aug-08 13:39:57

He can use a potty and toilet and has even done a poo in his potty but for the last few months the second a dirty nappy is off he wants a clean one on.

Any suggestions to get him to wear pants/nothing? Or is he still too young?

Phoenix Sat 09-Aug-08 21:13:28

Any suggestions hmm

simpson Sat 09-Aug-08 23:53:01

How long has your DS been out of nappies before accidents started to happen?

Phoenix Sun 10-Aug-08 10:09:04

He hasn't been out of nappies, we just introduced a potty to him and he goes on it the odd time but he just won't do it anymore.

I made him a sticker/reward chart last night and have attempted pants this morning. He wet his pants slightly after a few minutes so i took them off and left him with nothing on. He went on his potty and had a wee, so he put a sticker on his chart. A bit later he did do another wee and get another sticker but then started crying for a nappy on so he's got one back on now

ches Sun 10-Aug-08 14:37:58

It sounds like he's doing great! grin If you keep things to his comfort level he will get it quickly. It's when you try to force them beyond their comfort zone that it leads to battles. Some are less adaptive than others and take a while to adjust to the new way to wee/poo.

Phoenix Sun 10-Aug-08 18:53:10

hmm That's why i put him a nappy back on today because he was crying for one on and i didn't want to force him and make him never want to use his potty again.

simpson Sun 10-Aug-08 19:15:16

I think he is doing fine just go at his pace. grin Good luck!!!

Phoenix Mon 11-Aug-08 10:31:37

Thanks

Nappy on today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now