Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Washable nappy virgin here - How many reusable nappies wold I need for a 20 month old??

(7 Posts)
AnnasBananas Sat 09-Aug-08 08:57:04

I am thinking about washable nappies for my 20 month old, yes coming to this whole idea quite late in the day I know. I will try to buy second-hand if I can.

Does anyone know how many nappies I would need? We go through 4 disposables in a day but these are very absorbant would I go through more reusables because they don't hold as much? How many wraps can you get by on?

Thanks!

4andnotout Sat 09-Aug-08 09:05:48

I think around 15 nappies and 4 wraps?

beansmum Sat 09-Aug-08 09:12:25

I had 10 nappies and 2 wraps for daytime, 2 bigger nappies (which I never used tbh) and 2 fleece wraps for nighttime.

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sat 09-Aug-08 10:30:42

I THINK ABOUT 12-15 POCKETS.

accessorizequeen Sat 09-Aug-08 11:59:09

Does depend how often you want to wash. My ds is 20 months and I wash every 2-3 days. Also if you're buying nappies that take a long time to dry (like bamboo), then that can hold things up sometimes. I would have said with 15 nappies and 4 wraps (as 4andnotout suggests) you'd prob.be alright but buying 2nd hand means you often pick up a few extras. I just bought a pile off a mumsnetter (for my dt's arriving soon) and got some size 2 nappies for free which are useful extras for ds2.

tutu100 Sat 09-Aug-08 17:09:38

I could have coped with 6 pocket nappies and 12 terry towels to stuff them with when ds was 20 months, but I had to wash everyday to have them dry for the next morning. I did manage it though until I could afford some more nappies.

AnnasBananas Sat 09-Aug-08 19:06:48

Thanks everyone, all very helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now