Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Hellllp: I don't have a clue about this potty training malarky, DD is 3 and we are getting nowhere fast

(5 Posts)
lucyellensmum Wed 06-Aug-08 18:56:57

I have been trying on and off to do this nappy thing. DD seems to get it fora bit then gets "lazy". So today i thought, right, going to take her out without nappy, she has been using her potty at home, when left with no panties on. She wet herself THREE times. Each time she told me she wanted to wee, and then wee'd straight away. It doesn't seem to bother her being wet though.

I asked at regular intervals if she wanted to go, we didnt take her potty because she tantrumed when she saw it in her pushchair and said she wanted to go on the "likkle toilet".

What am i doing wrong? how can i get this, most of my friends did it in a week or two.

Mercy Wed 06-Aug-08 18:59:49

Don't ask her or wait until she tells you she needs a wee, take her to the potty or toilet every 20/30 minutes.

lucyellensmum Wed 06-Aug-08 19:13:15

Another question, probably nothing, but this was all in the space of 20 minutes, the three wees, is that not an awful lot of wee for a weeun?

lucyellensmum Wed 06-Aug-08 20:17:01

bump

Mercy Wed 06-Aug-08 20:24:40

Not really, it's surprising how often they wee in the early stages - they do get 'better' at having a full bladder and being aware of it.

The key is being consistent ime. You need to decide to go for it and stay in for a few days.

And don't let dd tell you when she needs the toilet, you take her every so often.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now