Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cloth nappies on holiday?

(8 Posts)
Sazisi Tue 05-Aug-08 23:29:24

Off to France for a 2 week chalet-camping trip and can't decide hmm
I love DD3's cloth nappies, but it would add to the work load...

Would you? could you?

ilovemydog Tue 05-Aug-08 23:32:23

No.

My cousin, who is an Orthodox Jew, says that she is exempt from keeping kosher when she is travelling.

I take a leaf out of her book, and don't worry about a few weeks a year...

LackaDAISYcal Tue 05-Aug-08 23:34:26

I personally wouldn't. Am not hardcore green enough to take cloth on my hols; after all it's my holiday too and I'd be the one doing all the washing of them.

Take some eco disposables and enjoy your holiday smile

thisisyesterday Tue 05-Aug-08 23:36:16

I did. we went and stayed in a yurt for a week, and I did take the cloth
went to laundrette and washed them halfway through the week and dried them on makeshift line outside yurt.

my reasons for doing so:
very eco-holiday, and couldn't bear the thought of disposables lol
none of ds2's trousers fit unless cloth nappy underneath
where to put poo-ey nappies whilst staying in yurt???

thumbwitch Tue 05-Aug-08 23:38:53

no - have decided to use disposables when on holiday.

Don't like them though - have only been away for weekends so far and am always glad to get DS back into cloth nappies. I think if I was going for a length of time and had access to a washing machine I would take the clothies - like when we go to Australia (to MIL's) in October for 3 weeks. Camping is a bit tricky though.

Sazisi Tue 05-Aug-08 23:45:15

So, most say no..

I usually bring them if I'm going to my parents', but then that's not a proper holiday so there's nothing to 'ruin'..ergo completely different to our one decent family holiday of the year.

Think I might take a leaf out of your cousin's book too, ilovemydog

Eco disposables - yes...

thisisyesterday, I can see why you would in that situation tbh, cloth kind of 'goes' with the whole yurt-stylee

Sazisi Tue 05-Aug-08 23:50:38

I'm definitely leaning toward NOT bringing them now (DH will be mightily relieved hmm)

They might be a bit hot, most of ours are fleecey/nylony/microfibrey I think; great for miserable-weather Ireland, France not so much

Jane99Thomas Wed 06-Aug-08 10:46:38

I use disposables when on holiday, its my chance to have a break too!

I use Nature Boy & Girl Eco - available from most supermarkets & Boots. They are brill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now