Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty trained BUT now not..HELP!

(9 Posts)
shhhh Tue 05-Aug-08 21:57:22

DD has been potty trained for almost 7 months (she is now over 3) and has been accident free for a while....

BUT the last 2 weeks have been a nightmare. She is brill still with wee's YET with poo's she is bad. sad.

She is not regular which is not an issue except it just took her from fri to mon to poo .... She can happily play then stop and hold her bum like she has had an accident and we rush to the toilet only to either sit and do nothing or she has already done it iykwim..Sometimes it can take 3-4 times of rushing backwards and forth still she finally goes.

Yesterday following the poo drought I promised a toy if she would poo and after several attempts she did finally go..today however she has had x3 accidents.sad.

WHAT DO I DO..? WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG..? sad Have I caused some issue with her..? She starts pre school in sept..is this bothering her..? Preschool is my main issue as I would hate her to do this there and get upset..sad

shhhh Sat 09-Aug-08 10:16:09

anyone help me...???

BigBadMousey Sat 09-Aug-08 11:08:37

I think you should take her to the docs tbh - just to make sure there isn't a physical issue going on.

In the meantime I wouldn't make a fuss about it at all - no treats for poos etc - IME making an issue about these sort of things just makes the problem worse. I'd talk to her casually about pre-school and tell her how exciting it will be etc - she will pick up on any anxiety you have. If she does have an accident there it shouldn't be a big deal - she won't be the first I'm sure.

shhhh Sat 09-Aug-08 14:09:47

thanks bbm...

What issue could there be...? Its not sat and the last time she went I guess is about monday.sad.

Thing is she seems to go a little in her pants, rushes to the toilet and nothing....yesterday he little face nearly exploded as she was pushing iykwim, but still..nothing sad.

She seems fine thinking about it, about preschool and we went on wed and she didn't want to leave. I have also told her positive things and how fun it will be. On the outside she seems fine.

I was going to take her to the gp's yesterday but dh & I thought maybe leave over the weekend. In herself she seems fine, running around non stop, eating loads (although hard work with fruit and veg..just trying prunes, dried fruit etc..) so I guess thats a good sign..? Bit worried now.....

BigBadMousey Sat 09-Aug-08 17:35:33

I don't know - doubt it is anything too serious though but I do think she should see a doc just to make sure.

I've read a few similar threads in the health topic so I don't think it is too unusual (and most of the DCs have been 3-6 IIRC). Might be worth having a look on there for ideas or starting a new thread in that topic.

shhhh Sat 09-Aug-08 20:19:16

thanks bbm smile. dd has gone at last smile. x3 tonight before bed..

shhhh Sat 09-Aug-08 20:19:16

thanks bbm smile. dd has gone at last smile. x3 tonight before bed..

BigBadMousey Sat 09-Aug-08 20:24:53

I know - just read your other thread grin

shhhh Sat 09-Aug-08 20:30:14

Just will now do my best to ensure she goes each day...Didn't think it a concern till there was a drought grin. Ds (16 mths) was born with a bowel disorder so dd did panic me today tbh....
Im poo obsessed in this house grin.!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now