Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Pocket Nappies - There are so many to choose from, which should I go for?

(3 Posts)
ZamMummy Tue 05-Aug-08 21:25:01

Title says it all really....apologies for the essay which follows!
DS2 (12 weeks and FAT) is totally different shape from DS1 (2yrs and slim) and so has already grown out of his Nappy Nation No-folds size 1. I've got Nature Babies Stuffables size 2 which DS1 is still wearing, but they haven't been great on fit/leaking, plus the velcro has gone curly and he learnt to strip them off ages ago...
I want to get pocket nappies again as we don't have a tumble dryer and drying can be a problem in the rainy season (we live in Zambia...), plus I already have all manner of inserts & boosters. Blueberrys are too expensive and look fragile, I need a robust nappy that can stand up to vigorous Zam-washing, daily ironing and incredibly hard water... (if you've lived in Africa you'll understand the ironing thing, if not I won't put you off your tea)
Wonderoos are on 3 for 2 so am tempted by them. Am keen on a BTP one as can be worn by both DS's - is this really possible?
And they need to be able to be posted to Zambia, which rules out BumGenius I think.
So I'm not asking for much - anybody (NappyZone?) got any suggestions??

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Tue 05-Aug-08 21:29:46

Why does Zambia rule out bumgenius? Personally i would get a greenkids to try and a bumgenius and go from there - the new whamies onesize are very adjustable but you may not like the method of fastening. Wonderoos a great buy of you can still get on 3 for 2. Minkytimes similar feel to blueberries but sturdier arms.

If your willing to pay the postage i would post to Mars as would probably flame!

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Tue 05-Aug-08 21:31:09

ooo just remembered happy heiny onesize - really high rise so worth a bash too.... Mommys touch a bit fiddly to put on a young chuck but okk once can use opened out setting but then that defeats object of a btp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now