Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

An imaginative child inspects the contents of her potty...WARNING: this thread may offend!

(22 Posts)
mrsbabookaloo Tue 05-Aug-08 13:35:21

I've been resisting starting this thread for a couple of weeks now but last night's was such a cracker I had to do it.

Look away now if you're easily offended.

Since we've started potty training, these have been dd (2.1)'s comments on what she's produced. I swear, this is completely unprompted by me....she just does her business, stands up, has a look and makes her pronouncement:

"I did a carrot"
"It's a snail...no, it's a slug"
"It's the moon"
and last night..."It's sausages and vinegar"

Anyone else's lo made any similar comments?

Iklboo Tue 05-Aug-08 13:38:35

DS is very proud of his "big dobbers"

mrsbabookaloo Tue 05-Aug-08 13:46:25

Big dobbers!!

It's a tricky area isn't it, because we're encouraging them to poo and wee in the potty and be proud of what they've done, and then we're son going to say that they mustn't talk about it!

DD also says "I did a massive one"...!

hockeypuck Tue 05-Aug-08 13:48:48

My BIL was telling me about when he had to take his dd (3) into a really dodgy dirty gents toilet while shopping and she was taking ages, he was getting really cross, saying "come on dd - how much longer" and she got oof the toilet and said "look, I pooed a smiley face"

mrsbabookaloo Tue 05-Aug-08 13:50:40

A smiley face! That's impressive!

I haven't run the gauntlet of pooing in a public loo yet...dreading it.

Brangelina Tue 05-Aug-08 13:54:06

DD will only poo in the potty so her creation can be viewed and admired by many. In the toilet visibility is reduced.

At present it's a size competition with Daddy, but when she was younger her poos were apparently representations of various fruit and veg, or else animal parts (eg. elephant's trunk, cat's paw etc.)hmm. Once we even had "Daddy's willy"shockhmm.

nooonit Tue 05-Aug-08 13:54:40

DD1 cracked us up with "Look at the pig I pooed - It's even got a curly tail!"

Urrgh - but upon inspection strangely accurate!

The next day she sat down on her potty and said "Wonder what animal it'll be today"!!!

mrsbabookaloo Tue 05-Aug-08 14:01:58

Brangelina; you're winning in the "most disguting" and "most shocking" categories

Noonit, you take the prize for "most interesting/surprising shape"!

Brangelina Tue 05-Aug-08 14:09:13

D'yo mean the Daddy's willy part? I must admit I was a bit wary of it for a few days afterwardsgrin. Not the poo of course, that got flushed away.....

RedFraggle Tue 05-Aug-08 14:11:12

DD loves to inspect her poo's. Generally I hear "I've done a huuuuge poo!" and often she has. How do they produce such enormous poos from such tiny bottoms? grin

mrsbabookaloo Tue 05-Aug-08 14:11:40

Can't wait to share that one with dh!

fluffyanimal Tue 05-Aug-08 14:12:19

We're not on full-blown potty training yet, but there was once a time when dh was changing ds's pooey nappy, and was occupied at the business end, while ds chattered away to himself. Then suddenly dh heard him say, "OOh, cereal bar!" Dh looks up to find him holding a piece of turd that had escaped out the side of the nappy!

QOD Tue 05-Aug-08 14:13:27

my dd once did one that looked
"exactly like ice cream mummy"

the Mr Whippy sort, with the little flick & curl on the top
LMAO

mrsbabookaloo Tue 05-Aug-08 14:20:36

I'm really enjoying these. I'm very childish.

funnypeculiar Tue 05-Aug-08 14:25:39

Ds was one for the imaginative poo-play - we worked through animals (real & mythical) and various family members hmm

IorekByrnison Tue 05-Aug-08 14:26:56

Yes mine does exactly this too: "it's a snail poo", "it's a snake poo", "it's an icecream cone", "it's a man and his head's come off" shock

mrsbabookaloo Tue 05-Aug-08 15:15:26

Snail and ice cream seem to be popular!

DD decided hers was a snail and not a slug having recently learnt that snails have houses and slugs don't....she's a pedant in the making!

elmoandella Tue 05-Aug-08 15:22:07

ooooh! i want the guess the shape phase.

we just have "oh wow , that a big cack"

"(grunt) niiiiiice"

sfxmum Tue 05-Aug-08 15:23:16

dd once said it was a sculpture but to be fair she was seeing Henry Moores several times a week

mrsbabookaloo Tue 05-Aug-08 16:43:13

A prize to sfxmum for "most poncetastic comment"

sfxmum Tue 05-Aug-08 17:20:52

I try

mrsbabookaloo Tue 05-Aug-08 22:15:27

Any contributions to my puerile snigger-fest, evening crowd?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now