Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bare bum or knickers?

(4 Posts)
eliselady Mon 04-Aug-08 21:40:09

DD2 has just turned 2 and is very keen to start potty training. She has been telling me about her wees and poos and when the weather has been warm and she doesnt have any clothes on, will happily go on the loo or the potty by herself - no encouragement needed.

But, as soon as I put knickers on her she has accidents, both wee and poo. I am not sure what to do, persevere with the knickers and hope she learns quick, or let her run around with a bare bum for a while longer?

I am nervous that if I dont get her into knickers then she will never get used to them...but dont want to knock her confidence.

Really dont know how to proceed - Any ideas?

cafebistro Mon 04-Aug-08 21:44:24

I would let her have a bare bum for a bit longer whilst the weather is warm. I did this then went on to pants and finally trousers. It doesnt matter how long it takes as long as shes using the potty id leave her. smile

thisisyesterday Mon 04-Aug-08 21:45:08

ds was exactly the same. I left him with nothing on for ages and eventually he was ok with wearing pants.

I think he got used to having them on when we went out, and then gradually I introduced them at home as well

eliselady Mon 04-Aug-08 21:50:50

Thank you cafebistro and thisisyesterday - I will do as you advise!

I am really nervous about this as DD1 is 4 and still having accidents regularly. I feel I haven't done well with her and don't want to go through it all again with DD2.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now