Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty training - don't know where to start!

(7 Posts)
janjas Mon 04-Aug-08 20:54:03

DD seems ready to start potty training. Acknowledges when she has done something in her nappy and tells me before she is going to do a poo. I don't know where to start though and would like some advice please!

SilkCutMama Mon 04-Aug-08 20:56:30

hi there jj - how old is dd?

janjas Mon 04-Aug-08 21:12:38

Hi, she's 2. I know it seems early but I'm sure she's ready!

janjas Mon 04-Aug-08 21:13:14

Sorry, meant to say that she has just turned 2..

SilkCutMama Mon 04-Aug-08 21:17:21

Not too early if you feel it's the right time smile

Just be prepared to start end than have to stop for a while if it doesn't happen

Buy lots of cotton pants
Have a couple of days at home with her I(not sure if you work - so may have to do it on a weekend)
If warm weather then she can be without pants
Have toilet,potty near by
Don't apttempt to go out during those 2 days
Don't shout or make a vbig deal out of accidents - they will happen periodically for a very long time
When brave enough and things going well, go for short trip or to a friends house
TBH, i found potty training really easy - just give it a go and see how it goes

It may or may not be the right time

Good luck and keep the antibac spray handy smile

janjas Mon 04-Aug-08 21:20:36

Thankyou for your advice. We'll see how it goes!

ches Thu 07-Aug-08 04:54:09

Or you could start by putting her on the potty when she says she needs to poo, telling her she can use it for a wee too, and getting her on the potty first thing in the morning and let her dictate the pace. Go out as usual, put her in a nappy unless she objects, etc. It doesn't have to be black or white, it can be gentle and gradual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now