Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Do babies' nappy needs change as they get older?

(3 Posts)
frans Mon 04-Aug-08 08:22:43

After much research I bought Tots Bots Bamboozles for my DS before she was born and I hate them! They are a poor fit (she's been on size 2 from 8 weeks), soak through within minutes and I have to use a huge booster to get more than 30 mins out of them. She surely can't be wetting more than other babies as she is average size and weight (she's now 16 weeks). I'm seriously considering selling them and buying all Bumgenius instead but first it would be really useful to know if anyone else has found that these get better after weaning?
Many thanks,
Frances

juuule Mon 04-Aug-08 08:25:53

I didn't get on well with the Bamboozles. I didn't think they were very absorbent. The cotton totsbots were much better.

If you do decide to buy Bumgenius why not just buy 1 or 2 to see how you get on with them.

BigBadMousey Mon 04-Aug-08 13:59:43

The answer to your question is a definite YES!

Newborns need something more bombproof, older children need something more absorbant. This is mainly because newborns have more expolsive, dirty nappies and thus get changed before they have chance to soak a nappy.

That said.....it sounds like your DS is a heavy wetter like mine (yes, there is such a thing!). He soaks through a size 1 bamboozle in no time too. My DD2 could wear them for much longer at his age.

Ditch the bamboozles - they aren't going to get any better for you but don't buy lots of another type as they may not suit either. Get some advice tailored to your own situation. You can get free advice from Flame and Nappyzone on MN or from www.thenappylady.co.uk. You may have a cloth nappy trial scheme in operation in your area find out. here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now