Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Do DC wearing terry nappies really potty train earlier?

(10 Posts)
tutyfruity Sun 03-Aug-08 16:07:01

Do DC wearing terry nappies really potty train earlier, because they are more aware of being wet or dirty?

belgo Sun 03-Aug-08 16:08:37

That's the theory. My dds were both in cloth and potty trained before age two. Past generations used cloth and according to them children were potty trained earlier.

I'm not aware of any scientific research to back this up though.

LilRedWG Sun 03-Aug-08 16:09:49

DD is over two and showing no interest. I don't mind - we can wait until next summer (at least I'll get my money's worth out of the nappies wink).

juuule Sun 03-Aug-08 16:25:25

Not necessarilly. That's not been my experience.
It made no difference.

Boomally Tue 05-Aug-08 08:33:54

My MIL kept on about this with DC1, but frankly I think it's a bit of a myth imo. DS showed absolutely no interest, but DD never liked having a wet or dirty nappy and potty trianed before 2. There's no accounting for it and DC will do it when their good and ready.

kittywise Tue 05-Aug-08 08:48:37

Agree with juuule. Some babies will happily sit in their own crap and others hate it. Unfortunately for me my present 2.7 year old appears to be of the former camp hmm.
The one before here took herself out of nappies at 2 smile

Miaou Tue 05-Aug-08 08:54:27

Nope, not here (though I was hoping!). Ds1 is 3 now and still hasn't got a clue.

sarah293 Tue 05-Aug-08 08:57:53

Message withdrawn

belgo Tue 05-Aug-08 08:59:02

glad to see you back rivensmile

mistlethrush Tue 05-Aug-08 09:11:54

Ds did it himself over a weekend at 2.3 from cloth nappies...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now