Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

A few questions about new pocket nappies.......

(24 Posts)
Olihan Sat 02-Aug-08 10:39:50

I have a bundle of gorgeous pockets - swaddlebees, fuzzis, Blueberry Minki and Mommy's Touch all with microterry inserts.

Do I need to put them through the wash before I use them to make them absorbant or will they work without it? I want to put them on ds2 NOW grin.

Also, how many times to I need to wash a Minki Huggle before using it, and do I need to dry it between washes?

Same with an Ellas House Bumhugger and a Bamboo Sandy's.

Ready4anotherCoffee Sat 02-Aug-08 10:57:14

I understand your impatience [have been there] but the inserts will become more absorbant after a few washes. you could use now, but they would need changing very quickly

Caution, pockets are addictive... do not look at the wee notions and pocketbots sitesgrin

Olihan Sat 02-Aug-08 11:03:24

Too late for the wee notions, I'm on tenterhooks waiting for them to arrive but here's a 2 week wait at the mo - boo!

I will be off to investigate pocket bots though! (Is it alright to cite you in my inevitable divorce though? grin)

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sat 02-Aug-08 11:08:33

I never do but it does removed residue from manufacture in the way some people wash new born clothes..... hemp and bamboo incereases mostly with repeated washing....

Pockets are fab - come check out greenkids they are lush too smile

accessorizequeen Sat 02-Aug-08 11:22:58

I only washed my pockets & inserts once, but hemp & bamboo 3 times (no need to dry in between). I'd prob.wash the huggle 3 times, I think I did when I got mine. I've never seen anyone get so quickly into cloth, Oli!

BigBadMousey Sat 02-Aug-08 13:38:09

Don't give up on the bumhugger too early - they are fab and very absorbant but they take many (10-15) washes to get to their max They are perfectly useable after 4 washes though - just bung it in with each load you do - no need to dry inbetween.

Bamboo sandys? I am VERY envy, I'd say 3-4 prewashes but useable after 2. Huggle fine after 2 washes I should think.

Each one will become more absorbant the more it is washed

Ready4anotherCoffee Sat 02-Aug-08 15:26:27

grin will be citing both sites in my divorce if dh realises how many I have

Make sure you have plenty of time and a cuppa if placing a pocketbots order, it took me ages to order 3grin

Olihan Sat 02-Aug-08 20:21:02

grin AQ, if I'd realised pockets existed 18mo again he'd have been in them from birth! I bought Bambino Mio for ds1 and hated them which kind of put me off cloth. Then Amphibimum sent me a huge pile of every type under the sun to see if they would help ds2's eczema, which they have, so I have a bona fide excuse to indulge!

BBM/MrsKM (he's still mine, btw wink), the Sandy's amphibimum sent me is fab. I love it, especially boosted up for nights with wool shorties over the top - gorgeous!

NappyZone, is that the Eco-something or other? I did consider that one when I ordered my Wonderoos but got confused over what I'd ordered where so didn't, in the end. I need a couple more so I'm not washing constantly so maybe I will this time!

Ready4, I ordered a couple this afternoon and it took forever, I just couldn't make a decision grin. Fab site, though.

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sat 02-Aug-08 20:41:44

Hiya no the eco nappi is a onesize pocket by swaddlebees and is ov lined which has put me off a bit as my last ov lined swaddkebee nappy stained, Greenkids do anytimes (solids), funtimes (cotton laminated patterns) and minkytimes (minky like blueberries) and are luuuuuuush - they are also a onesize and the bamboo inserts to go with them are really absorbant though do take a bit to dry.......

I am now off to nosey at pocket bots again - they look very similar to my GAD pocket - are they?

BigBadMousey Sat 02-Aug-08 20:46:25

Oh no, he's definitely mine - been watching him on More4 all week (I blamed the drooling on BabyDS when DH noticed it wink)

I'm going to treat myself babyDS to a bamboo sandys very soon. Love the fit of the cotton ones.

BigBadMousey Sat 02-Aug-08 20:48:46

Nappyzone - yes, she was a huge GAD fan. I met her when I bought her old GADs on ebay 2 years ago - the PB is definitely based on them (no bad thing IMO GADs are excellent)

isaidno Sat 02-Aug-08 20:52:03

I got some pocketbots this week and they are gorgeous; especially in warm weather so you can see dd's funky nappy under her frock.
(No one warned me nappies were addictive - DH doesn't know how many I've accrued!)

Nappyzoneneedsanewname Sat 02-Aug-08 20:55:04

I have an embroidered pirate one on the way grin from Shannon at GAD.

isaidno Sat 02-Aug-08 20:55:40

just had a quick look at the wee notions site; had to quickly close it before temptation set in!

isaidno Sat 02-Aug-08 20:56:49

what's a GAD?

BigBadMousey Sat 02-Aug-08 21:13:14

a GAD

a pocket bot just in case you were wondering....grin

BigBadMousey Sat 02-Aug-08 21:15:41

dur...er I guess you know what a pocket bot is then <should pay more attention emoticon> blush

Olihan Sat 02-Aug-08 21:17:31

Okay, that's a greenkids added to my collection too blush. They are far too luuuuuuuuuuuuush!

DH is going to kill me when he realises just how many I've bought.

Ah well, as long as ds2 has worn them all I'll be happy!

I'm waiting for some WeeNotions but they're going to be a couple of weeks, like the pocket bots but at least if there's only 2 or 3 arriving at a time dh may not realise the true quantity [hopeful].

BBM, I've been watching a few of those this week. Purely for architectural appreaciation reasons, you understand?

accessorizequeen Sat 02-Aug-08 21:17:48

stop it, all of you (especially the new addict, Olihan!). AQ repeats to herself, must not buy anymore nappies, dp will kill me. I showed him lovely size 0 kissaluvs hanging on the line and all he could say was 'are they velcro?'. FGS.

Olihan Sat 02-Aug-08 21:19:34

Oh FFS, not another site. I thought I'd been through most of them but there's just temptation in every post........grin.

accessorizequeen Sat 02-Aug-08 21:29:38

Didn't you say 15 nappies originally, Oli? How many have you actually ordered??? He'll have to be potty trained at 4! hee hee

Ready4anotherCoffee Sat 02-Aug-08 21:47:46

or have another baby just as an excuse to buy more to make full use of them

isaidno Sat 02-Aug-08 21:58:37

ok, I shouldn't have asked about the GADs...

Olihan Sat 02-Aug-08 22:19:27

17 or maybe 18 AQ, I seem to have lost count blush.

LOL at another baby, NO WAY, not even for more nappies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now