Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

2 yr old refusing nappies at night

(5 Posts)
taliac Sat 02-Aug-08 10:20:35

Hello all, I hoped you might be able to help me with this.

My about to turn 2yr old DD is a nappy refuser. She'll just about have one on to leave the house, but she hates them.

She's pretty decent about asking for the potty but we do have a fair few accidents, which aren't really a problem during the day.

The real issue is at night. We can get a nappy on her but she takes it off almost straight away once she's in bed. No matter how many times we put it back it always comes off again, along with all her clothes. She just wants to sleep naked.

But then of course she wets the bed and wakes up distressed.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I have tried vests with crotch poppers, but she wriggles out of them. Its too hot for babygros, and I think she could undo enough poppers to get it off anyway.

I've tried explaining that no nappy at night = wet bed, but its not going in.

Any help really appreciated.

kiskidee Sat 02-Aug-08 10:23:56

i waited till dd was in a deep sleep and then put it on her.

taliac Sat 02-Aug-08 10:56:34

Yes I got away with this once but only once.. Plus when she realises it comes right off again..

kiskidee Sat 02-Aug-08 11:09:52

keep trying. it has happened to me too. smile test how deep her sleep is by moving an arm/leg, no response = deeper sleep.

and you get better at sneaking them on. remember. it is a phase and it will pass.

taliac Sat 02-Aug-08 13:12:04

Thanks Kiskidee, I know I should know that but you saying it has made me feel a lot better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now